Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self driving beta for Canada maybe in December

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they’ve figured out how to read 100 km/h speed limit signs by then because my car (HW3) misses them more often than not. Then all I get is TACC but no AP because the car thinks the speed limit is only 70 or 80 km/h and I can’t even set the speed limiter to the speed limit of the highway. Most annoying.

I hope they’ve figured out how to read 100 km/h speed limit signs by then because my car (HW3) misses them more often than not. Then all I get is TACC but no AP because the car thinks the speed limit is only 70 or 80 km/h and I can’t even set the speed limiter to the speed limit of the highway. Most annoying.

That's odd, I've never had that happen

That's odd, I've never had that happen
Thanks for that. I was wondering whether it was widespread or just me. I can’t recall it missing a sign for less than 100 km/h. On the divided hwy it correctly used 110 km/h but I think it’s using the map database rather than reading the signs. It’s just the 100 km/h signs on primary, undivided highways that it misses. Since that’s where I do most of my driving and I’ve been spoiled with autopilot for a couple of years now, it’s rather annoying that I can no longer use AP on those long drives.