Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fully Forged 22” rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, everyone! Was wondering if anyone could speak to their experience with 22” fully forged rims on their model X. Pics would be great too! I am getting a 2020 Model X (still waiting on delivery) and am going to purchase Vossen fully forged 22” rims but want to know if people have experienced any bending, etc with the weight of the car. I’m planning to go staggered 10.5/9.5. Thanks!

I had those novitec vossen wheels before and they were made specifically for that weight . I know vossen makes other 22s but the X is heavy I’m not aware of other vossens other than the novitec/vossen that was weight rated . I didn’t see much improvement with the novitec 22s vs std 22s on range ..reason I got rid of mine was I wanted better efficiency and u only get that with 20s

I had those novitec vossen wheels before and they were made specifically for that weight . I know vossen makes other 22s but the X is heavy I’m not aware of other vossens other than the novitec/vossen that was weight rated . I didn’t see much improvement with the novitec 22s vs std 22s on range ..reason I got rid of mine was I wanted better efficiency and u only get that with 20s
Thanks, that's helpful. Have you ever put spacers in your wheels? I want to get the tires out a little bit from the body. I'm thinking 20mm on back, 10-15mm on front.

Thanks, that's helpful. Have you ever put spacers in your wheels? I want to get the tires out a little bit from the body. I'm thinking 20mm on back, 10-15mm on front.

hi came from the BMW scene where spacers were a big thing ...these cars produce a lot of torque direct to wheels and I never had interest in spacers as there wasn’t any noticeable efficiency gain ..only looks ...I really liked my 22s but I drive a lot and really care for efficiency and range ..for example on my P100D charging to around 90% driving ~75mph using AC I can never hit 200miles range ...display wise it shows I can drain to 200 but than there won’t be a charger ;)...otherwise the 22s look the best :eek:

Hey, everyone! Was wondering if anyone could speak to their experience with 22” fully forged rims on their model X. Pics would be great too! I am getting a 2020 Model X (still waiting on delivery) and am going to purchase Vossen fully forged 22” rims but want to know if people have experienced any bending, etc with the weight of the car. I’m planning to go staggered 10.5/9.5. Thanks!
If you want to remove 196lbs of static weight from the car....DM Jamie at signature wheels
E8D7AA61-DC21-43E1-B265-01965508123A.jpeg