Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fun Sunday Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
It was fun meeting Ian, Eric & Renee, and John in person. We had a good time showing our cars off at SuperCar Sunday and then we took a fun drive down to the ocean and back. Here's a pic of all our cars at the show. Hope to seen you all again (and others) next month.

Attachments

• Sunday Show.jpg
    Sunday Show.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 163
That was a lot of fun. We drove some of the Rally route complete with a stop at the Rock store. We did PCH and stopped for a bite and a long Tesla chat. Spent a lot more time than we a had planned, Time flys...

I left that yellow microfiber cloth on the hedge. :frown:

Last edited:
OK vfx, after 2 years of "lurking" I final got registered!

So as my first post I want to say that SuperCar Sunday was great. And I want to thank you for leading us on that semi-wild ride through the hills of Malibu and to the ocean. I’m sure it would have been wilder were it not for the hikers, bikers, cyclists and patrol cars! (although it was plenty good for me!). A great end to my first week of ownership.

OK vfx, after 2 years of "lurking" I final got registered!

So as my first post I want to say that SuperCar Sunday was great. And I want to thank you for leading us on that semi-wild ride through the hills of Malibu and to the ocean. I’m sure it would have been wilder were it not for the hikers, bikers, cyclists and patrol cars! (although it was plenty good for me!). A great end to my first week of ownership.

Great John!

Lurking is cool, just don't be a total stranger!

Thanks for letting us poke around your and DrC's 2010s and compare the MY changes. We had a good selection of cars for people to look at with Ian's mad interior upgrades, my custom paint/ bare interior and DRC's sport tires.

Important drive heating lesson. DrC also was running in P mode while we were in S mode, Our PEM overheated 5 times and his never did.
Temps started at 99 and down to 77 at the water.
We also had a lot more weight.

We hope to make the last Sunday day of the month a regular LA thing (even considering a group name) and SuperCarSunday allows us to bring amazing EVs to the ICE performance fans. The sad part is that it's hard to break away to look at all the other beautiful machines! The price of being early adopter/EVangelists I guess.

We may try to arrange meets at beautiful mountain or beach settings and maybe set up some races with each other and interested ICE owners. I have been secretly hoping some Ferrari guy would come up and talk some smack so we could show him our tailights but everyone is pretty well informed and (unfortunately :wink:) from this group, all we get is respect.

I have been secretly hoping some Ferrari guy would come up and talk some smack so we could show him our tailights but everyone is pretty well informed and (unfortunately ) from this group, all we get is respect.

Along those lines I heard an interesting complaint while racing Saturday evening at Portland International Raceway. We were waiting in the staging area to get our turn at 1/4 mile. There are 9 lanes and different classes of cars are assigned to different lanes.

The electric vehicles (Tesla Roadsters, Killacycle, White Zombie, etc) had their own staging lane assigned in Portland. Lane 3. So there was rarely any waiting for us because we are so vastly outnumbered.

The loudest gasoline cars have to stop racing at 10 pm because of noise restrictions. At 9:45 pm I overheard one of the drivers in the gas cars bitching that the electrics were getting too many runs.

His comment was something like, "come on, we only have 15 more minutes and those electrics are getting in front all of the time. They get to run after 10 pm and we have to stop soon."

At Laguna Seca the gas cars were sporting silly looking mufflers to try to keep their noise in line. They know to slow down around the corner where the microphone lives to make sure they aren't too loud. As more people move in next to the tracks, the quiet electrics are going to be considered more acceptable to the surrounding neighbors.

... As more people move in next to the tracks, the quiet electrics are going to be considered more acceptable to the surrounding neighbors.

My earliest days included time at CA's Riverside Raceway. By the time I got to drive, one corner had already been replaced by housing. There were strict rules on race times though I don't remember if there were sound restrictions.

If only we were dovetailing into EVs back then, the track might still exist.

Last edited: