Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI - DCU is not locking in rates based on application date anymore :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the end of the day, DCU's referral system is discontinued, so anyone asking for a referral is uninformed and wasting their time. That being said, why are the mods such sticklers for referral prohibition? I understand people were spamming the board about it, so why not just limit it to one or two threads on the topic? Having a multitude of duplicate threads is superfluous and would benefit from mod intervention, but to prohibit the topic entirely seems excessive.

Because TMC does not support referrals. This started originally with the mass of tesla referrals, because there was an incentive for people to do so. TMC then created a specific thread for tesla referrals to keep them from overwhelming the forums.

For DCU specifically, there was a financial incentive for people referring each other, so there were people here racing to either refer or get referrals here, and thats not what TMC is about.

Basically, dont do it, we dont have any desire top try to choose which referrals we will or wont support, so we dont support any of them.

Reactions: thinktwice
At the end of the day, DCU's referral system is discontinued, so anyone asking for a referral is uninformed and wasting their time. That being said, why are the mods such sticklers for referral prohibition? I understand people were spamming the board about it, so why not just limit it to one or two threads on the topic? Having a multitude of duplicate threads is superfluous and would benefit from mod intervention, but to prohibit the topic entirely seems excessive.
Also a random post on a random thread about DCU that serves as a pre-warning (that everyone is expected to read, I guess) ahead of being banned? I couldn't care less about why they don't want threads about referral codes.. but such heavy handed moderation with terms such as being banned because someone didn't read this one post in this one thread is hilarious to me.

1.99 with relationship and EV discount.
1.74% with direct deposit + EV discount for 65 month term.

View attachment 791442

I got 1.99 back in Jan. I was a refinancing coming from JPMorgan Chase via Tesla. I do not have auto deposit. I will ask about it though and if they will honor it for me, Ill sign right up!

Screen_Shot_2022-04-17_at_5_38_57_PM.png

Reactions: Corndart
Also a random post on a random thread about DCU that serves as a pre-warning (that everyone is expected to read, I guess) ahead of being banned? I couldn't care less about why they don't want threads about referral codes.. but such heavy handed moderation with terms such as being banned because someone didn't read this one post in this one thread is hilarious to me.

I said "temp" ban, and if and when I or another mod applies that for this, its normally a short one of a couple days or so with a direct PM as to the reason for the temp ban. Its not a permanent ban. DCU specifically has been such an issue here, its why you find almost every thread that even mentions it locked (except for this one, at least so far).

Posting my experience fwiw - I was approved for a loan at 1.74% a few weeks back (incl the EV and relationship discounts). When I called to finalize / get the check sent out, the rate had increased to 1.99% and the rep tried to quote me the new rate. However, she did end up honoring the originally-quoted rate as a courtesy.

Reactions: OCJeff