Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap between dash and body, anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Just joined to see if anyone else is having this issue.

There is a gap between the dash and body on my M3.

I tried pushing it back in but there is no give. I wonder is it worth taking it back for them to take everything apart.

Attachments

• E23FA7FE-31DB-443B-B19E-8E798C0A417A.jpeg
    E23FA7FE-31DB-443B-B19E-8E798C0A417A.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 135
Hi!

Just joined to see if anyone else is having this issue.

There is a gap between the dash and body on my M3.

I tried pushing it back in but there is no give. I wonder is it worth taking it back for them to take everything apart.

Lurker! J/K :) I just took a picture of mine for reference. Mines tight there on that seam but you can see mine has a gap on the other side of the end cap where yours is tight. All panels have some fitment tolerances. Their are 6 separate surfaces mating around the end cap. All the gaps on yours and mine are a bit different from each other. If it really bothers you than sure, have them look at it. If it was mine I would leave it as is but I would pull off the triangular end cap (easy to pull off and put back on) and remove the green wiring/part tag.

8B1CF640-16FB-4FFE-A0E8-3E6602D8BB78.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Muskol
Lol. The more pictures I see , the more variance I notice. I think I’m going to visit the service center. If they say they have to take out the whole dash, I’m going to pass.

I noticed that the top part of the dash (circles below) is further out than most. This piece is prevents the dash to be pushed in more.

Attachments

• 00230EA4-DEA6-4392-95FC-5FD3918CD965.jpeg
    00230EA4-DEA6-4392-95FC-5FD3918CD965.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 03DSG
Lol. The more pictures I see , the more variance I notice. I think I’m going to visit the service center. If they say they have to take out the whole dash, I’m going to pass.

I noticed that the top part of the dash (circles below) is further out than most. This piece is prevents the dash to be pushed in more.

Agree. Sounds good. I’m always concerned about ‘collateral damage’ when techs get near my car.........