Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 2 Mobile Charger - Doesn't light up when plugged in, but kind of does when the top is pressed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all - Just got my M3 LR, haven't had the 14-50 installed yet, so am using a combination of a Supercharger and 110 at my house. Have it plugged into a standard outlet, but most of the time (it has only been 5 days) it doesn't light up when plugged in. I found if I press on the Tesla logo on the charger, it kind of lights up. Last night was able to press it just right and it lights up in sequence and was able to charge. Today back to the same problem.

Something wrong with the Gen 2? Lose connection in it?

Tried it in 3 different outlets.

The car and app will say plug in the charger or something to that effect.

And when I say pushing on the TESLA logo, I mean on the UMC itself. I just tried it again and it blinked for a split second but no amount of touching makes a difference now

Gen 2 Mobile Connector Bundle - Vivaldi 2019-12-15 15-30-00.png

6bEQi0B

Ah... so its not working at all when the lights aren't lit? Are you sure the big plug is pushed in all the way, flush with the UMC?

It should be under warranty, so just take it back, or have a service ranger swap it for you. Same goes for if its just a lights-aren't-lit problem.

Yeah doesn't work at all when the lights aren't lit. Checked the adaptor plug, very snug and in all the way.

Guess I will drive over to the local service center - again. We are on first name basis now, as I had to go in and have the car inspected and then a tire replaced after a lumber truck dropped BIG boxes of screws in front of me. I hadn't had the car for 2 days when it happened. :(