Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General tire info from Tire Rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just watched that, and thought it was useful. It will be a long while before I need new tires, but it would be useful if I was in the market now.

I used to live less than an hour from TireRack HQ in South Bend IN, and bought all our tires direct from them for over 20 years - they would install them while you wait at HQ (probably not widely known?). They're a great outfit with fantastic reviews and guides even if you don't buy from them! And they had more makes/models of tires in stock than anywhere else by far.

@balline Thanks for bringing attention to this tire testing video. It was very interesting.

I just replaced the OEM Continental ProContact RX tires on my MYLR with the Hankook ION EVO AS SUV tires. At Discount Tire both tires were the same price, but Hankook has a $120 rebate thru July 7th, which tipped the scales in their favor.

I definitely see improved efficiency on the Hankooks, and find them to be at least as quite as the Continentals, however, I dont feel like they handle (corner) as well as the Continentals. The Hankooks are warranted for 50k mi vs 40k mi for the Continentals, so it could be a slightly harder rubber compound.

I replaced the Continentals at 33k mi, but I feel like I could have made it to 40k if a nail in one hadn't required the replacement of two tires and I decided to just go ahead and do all 4. We'll see if these Hankooks really do last about 25% longer than the Continentals. If not, I may switch back to the Continentals when I need tires again.