Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting MY delivery in one Week - need info about interior and exterior care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

We are super excited about getting our white on white MY delivery in a week. :)

I am getting lot of valuable information from this forum - thanks for all the info !!

I have ordered Floor mats (MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats) from part catalog (again thanks to this forum info).

I need help with taking care of the white interior and exterior which I can do right after the delivery.

Interior:
1. I read that you can use baby wipes to clean any color/damage, true?
2. Also I can apply/coat white seats with one of the below products;
Opti-Guard
Gyeon Leather Shield
Adams Leather & Vinyl Coating

Any recommendations which one these will be better?
also every time I clean the seat, do I have to keep applying the coating product?

Exterior:
I dont think I can afford full PPF install. But anyone has a recommended place in MA/ RI area? Even to do partial PPF.

If I can not do that, I am planning to use below product to do ceramic coating on the new car:
CQuartz Finest Reserve

Any other recommendation for exterior protection?

Anything else I should consider?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
JB.

Reactions: KenYoung1
For the exterior, not to shill but, I almost exclusively use Adams Polishes products. They are great and they make great stuff. Some decent microfiber cloths, soaps and their detail spray is what I always have on hand. They just came out with some cool looking graphine based ceramic coats but I have no used them.

Reactions: CO_MY
For the exterior, not to shill but, I almost exclusively use Adams Polishes products. They are great and they make great stuff. Some decent microfiber cloths, soaps and their detail spray is what I always have on hand. They just came out with some cool looking graphine based ceramic coats but I have no used them.

So "Adams Leather & Vinyl Coating" would be best for interior?

Which one for exterior protection / ceramic coat?

So "Adams Leather & Vinyl Coating" would be best for interior?

Which one for exterior protection / ceramic coat?

Honesty, that is one of their products I have never used so I can't speak to it.

For the exterior how in depth do you want to go? You could go nuts and do a full paint correction with polish and then do a ceramic coat. They also have a spray on coat that is easier to apply vs the normal style one with the applicator. Most of their products have videos associated with them.

I can tell you what I am going to do with my Y when it gets delivered.

I am bringing a Borderless Grey Microfiber Towel and some of their regular detail spray (not the fancy graphine detail spray they seem to have just come out with) to my delivery appointment to check if anything that catches my eye is just simply dirt or a chip/blemish. After accepting delivery, I am bringing it to a local Houston shop to do PPF, now here is where I am still deciding on a full car or just a full front. If I do the full car, their price includes a full car ceramic coat so I will just let them use whatever product they want to. If I do the full front, I will most likely buy the graphine stuff and coat the car in my apartments parking garage.

I also have a polisher with their 3 stage polish products on hand incase something happens. An example of this would be at my previous house, I was backing out of the garage with my truck and I hit my roomate's car's mirror, left a pretty decent scuff on the side of the truck. Hour of polishing later and it was completely gone. Really handy to have around for light to medium scuffs. Can help take the edge off larger things.

The rest of my "kit" has various microfiber towels, soap, detail spray, all purpose cleaner, wheel cleaner, wheel brush, tire shine.

The must haves in my book are HIGH quality towels, doesn't matter where from as long as they are high quality microfiber towels. Swirls come from cotton rags people usually use to dry and some detail spray for in-between washes.

You can go nuts and spend several thousand or simple with a few towels, soap and spray.

Edit: Good article on microfiber and how to care for it: How To Care For Microfiber Towels

Last edited:
Honesty, that is one of their products I have never used so I can't speak to it.

For the exterior how in depth do you want to go? You could go nuts and do a full paint correction with polish and then do a ceramic coat. They also have a spray on coat that is easier to apply vs the normal style one with the applicator. Most of their products have videos associated with them.

I can tell you what I am going to do with my Y when it gets delivered.

I am bringing a Borderless Grey Microfiber Towel and some of their regular detail spray (not the fancy graphine detail spray they seem to have just come out with) to my delivery appointment to check if anything that catches my eye is just simply dirt or a chip/blemish. After accepting delivery, I am bringing it to a local Houston shop to do PPF, now here is where I am still deciding on a full car or just a full front. If I do the full car, their price includes a full car ceramic coat so I will just let them use whatever product they want to. If I do the full front, I will most likely buy the graphine stuff and coat the car in my apartments parking garage.

I also have a polisher with their 3 stage polish products on hand incase something happens. An example of this would be at my previous house, I was backing out of the garage with my truck and I hit my roomate's car's mirror, left a pretty decent scuff on the side of the truck. Hour of polishing later and it was completely gone. Really handy to have around for light to medium scuffs. Can help take the edge off larger things.

The rest of my "kit" has various microfiber towels, soap, detail spray, all purpose cleaner, wheel cleaner, wheel brush, tire shine.

The must haves in my book are HIGH quality towels, doesn't matter where from as long as they are high quality microfiber towels. Swirls come from cotton rags people usually use to dry and some detail spray for in-between washes.

You can go nuts and spend several thousand or simple with a few towels, soap and spray.

Edit: Good article on microfiber and how to care for it: How To Care For Microfiber Towels

Thanks !!

Thanks !!

No problem. You can really go crazy with car detailing and to some it's a fun relaxing thing to do if you have the space and time, for others they dread it. So really depends on the type of person you are. Learn from your mistakes and don't be afraid to try new things. Just get the right towels. Cant stress that enough. Towels are far more important than the products IMHO. There are my opinions, I am not a professional.