Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking into Gyeon Products for Washing and Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was looking into the best ways to wash and DIY ceramic coat my model 3 when I get it. I was liking what I saw from the Gyeon products and Can Coat but cannot find anyone using them outside the leather coat product. Which funnily enough, Gyeon doesn't recommend because there is already a protective coating on the seats. So I looked to the Model 3 Manual to see what it said about cleaning the exterior and found this paragraph.

"To add a hydrophobic coating to your vehicle's windows, apply the coating only to the side and rear windows, not the front windshield—doing so may affect the visibility of the autopilot cameras. Follow the hydrophobic coating manufacturer’s instructions for application details."

Gyeon can coat says it is safe for glass too, but the warning from the Manual seems to suggest not using any sort of coating like that on the windshield. I am also worried about getting it on the exterior cameras.

So I am looking for advice on what everyone uses to Wash and Coat / Wax their Tesla and if they have had any issues with coatings / wax affecting camera operations or the Auto Wipers or anything like that.

Reactions: PauliePucks
I don’t use their entire line, but I really like their glass cleaner. It seems to leave a lot less streaks and still cuts through grease really well.

Like when I just took delivery of a new model X the inside of the windshield looked like someone at Jiffy Lube wiped it with a dirty rag. The guys said whatever cleaners Tesla gave them to do new delivery prep left that residue. They wouldn’t help further to clean the car because “it doesn’t matter”.

I’m like wtf Tesla’s delivery experience is so trash now… but the Gyeon I had in my car + microfiber got it cleaned right up.

Edit: obligatory disclaimer... I'm not affiliated with Gyeon in any way. I'm just sticking with their glass cleaner since it's worked better for me than any Windex, Sprayway, Adam's, etc that I've tried.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin and 42M3
So I was looking into the best ways to wash and DIY ceramic coat my model 3 when I get it. I was liking what I saw from the Gyeon products and Can Coat but cannot find anyone using them outside the leather coat product. Which funnily enough, Gyeon doesn't recommend because there is already a protective coating on the seats. So I looked to the Model 3 Manual to see what it said about cleaning the exterior and found this paragraph.

"To add a hydrophobic coating to your vehicle's windows, apply the coating only to the side and rear windows, not the front windshield—doing so may affect the visibility of the autopilot cameras. Follow the hydrophobic coating manufacturer’s instructions for application details."

Gyeon can coat says it is safe for glass too, but the warning from the Manual seems to suggest not using any sort of coating like that on the windshield. I am also worried about getting it on the exterior cameras.

So I am looking for advice on what everyone uses to Wash and Coat / Wax their Tesla and if they have had any issues with coatings / wax affecting camera operations or the Auto Wipers or anything like that.
I noticed they have released a ton of new care products lately. I use the leather protect religiously, it has not failed me yet in over 2 years.

The rest of their product line seems promising, I’ll keep an eye on the reviews, sometimes a fellow tesla owner posts their experiences on Amazon.

Reactions: 42M3
Just be mindful that the Can Coat will only last ~1-year. If you are looking for a longer lasting coating i would go with a full ceramic coating in the glass bottles. I made the mistake of ceramic coating my windshield and the wipers skipped a BUNCH.

Gyeon recently reformulated their entire line of ceramic coatings and branded them “Evo”.

I have used Cancoat Evo on my wife’s Honda and was very impressed. It is arguably the easiest to apply ceramic coating on the market. There is no dwell time. Just wipe a small area with the solution and immediately wipe it off. You can do the entire car in 30 min or less.

You do sacrifice some durability for that ease of application. Cancoat Evo will last 12-18 months. But it is so quick and easy to apply, I don’t mind reapplying every 14-18 months.

I really like Gyeon products in general, but they can be a bit pricey.

Thanks so much for the heads up, I was wondering the exact same thing. I will stay away from the front outside window entirely - may do the roof and other windows as its then easier to clean thereafter.

The other thing to note is don’t use window cleaners containing ammonia and they can damage the tint.