Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giving up a Model Y due in 3 Days: 10K FSD order, AWD Long Range, Hitch, Mats, Mud flaps, Mats. Anyone interested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Seattle and supposed to take delivery on 5/15/22 of a gray Model Y with full self driving, all wheel drive, and a hitch (as well as the mats, mudflaps, and wall charger). Sadly, my 3 funding options fell through:

borrowing against retirement - policy has changed
finance - only approved for $35k despite great credit
sell stocks including TSLA - well that's not an option now

So I'm not able to finance it or take delivery on the 15th, and I've used up my delay option. Can I transfer the order so someone else can accept delivery? Otherwise it's $250 lost ($2000 increase on the FSD) and a lot of hassle to sell the accessories..

Also looking for advice on how to do this safely with minimal risk.

You can't assign your vehicle order to someone else. If Tesla finds out they will cancel your order. One option is that you could lease the Model Y. Otherwise $250 is all that you will have lost. There is a 30 day return window on Tesla accessories. You can list items on the For Sale forum.

Reactions: WhiteWi
A lot of people have transferred reservations smoothly. You just need to do it the right way.

What you do is ask your SA to change the registration info to someone else who wants the vehicle. If you have only the vehicle in your account, you can give the other person the account and have him change the name on the account to his. If you have other stuff in your account, after the other person takes delivery of the vehicle, you transfer the vehicle from your account to his.

Reactions: Daekwan and Suns