Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glamisduner's Service Chronicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well they are having trouble adjusting my trunk to not be crooked so I asked them to try again. I think I will get the car back today or tomorrow at 28, 29 days in service. Just shy of qualifying as a lemon. Might just have to live with a crooked trunk on a new $79000 oh wait, now $76000 dollar car. At least if I had bought a bolt, I could have purchased two of them lol.

Might have to skip PPF becsuse the shop wants me to wait 90 days before applying and by then I'm sure it will be riddled with paint chips. Not even sure how long I will have this car for now anyways.

I'm giving up on hoping Tesla will do anything for p3d minus owners.

I realize people not affected think we are jerks, but hey 5k is almost the federal tax credit amount which is why some of us bought early in the first place. I won't forget this Tesla!

Well they are having trouble adjusting my trunk to not be crooked so I asked them to try again. I think I will get the car back today or tomorrow at 28, 29 days in service. Just shy of qualifying as a lemon. Might just have to live with a crooked trunk on a new $79000 oh wait, now $76000 dollar car. At least if I had bought a bolt, I could have purchased two of them lol.

Might have to skip PPF becsuse the shop wants me to wait 90 days before applying and by then I'm sure it will be riddled with paint chips. Not even sure how long I will have this car for now anyways.

I realize people not affected think we are jerks, but hey 5k is almost the federal tax credit amount which is why some of us bought early in the first place. I won't forget this Tesla!

I don't think you're a jerk. I think everyone who picked up in the month of September were used by Tesla in a push for profitability. While this does help support the mission, it doesn't diminish the tactics they employed to accomplish this, which was push out "B-stock" cars to buyers who have left a deposit for over a year, then immediately lower the price by 5K once they achieved their desired result. This would be fine, although I still think the price change was too drastic, had it not been for the condition our cars were received in, and the subsequent service experience. My car spent three weeks in a body shop, a brand new car, and now I have a resprayed front end that still doesn't really match and a crooked hood emblem (I was going to debadge it anyways but it's the principle of it all that sucks). The right rear door that isn't flush with the quarter panel was never addressed, and I was told it was "within spec". For 80K, I feel that we have been hustled and I really feel I have no recourse except to be subject to the whims of the service center. The least they could do is give me 5K back. The most they could do is give me a well-built car that wasn't rushed out to me for no reason on my part, but to fulfill an objective on their part. I would pursue trying to get a replacement, but I feel that would be more trouble than it's worth. I will just use this as a learning experience and have pause when another Tesla model comes out. I feel especially bad for the stealth P owners because they don't even have the 5K recourse, and received an AWD with a software upgrade. They should really do something for those owners.

I don't think you're a jerk. I think everyone who picked up in the month of September were used by Tesla in a push for profitability. While this does help support the mission, it doesn't diminish the tactics they employed to accomplish this, which was push out "B-stock" cars to buyers who have left a deposit for over a year, then immediately lower the price by 5K once they achieved their desired result. This would be fine, although I still think the price change was too drastic, had it not been for the condition our cars were received in, and the subsequent service experience. My car spent three weeks in a body shop, a brand new car, and now I have a resprayed front end that still doesn't really match and a crooked hood emblem (I was going to debadge it anyways but it's the principle of it all that sucks). The right rear door that isn't flush with the quarter panel was never addressed, and I was told it was "within spec". For 80K, I feel that we have been hustled and I really feel I have no recourse except to be subject to the whims of the service center. The least they could do is give me 5K back. The most they could do is give me a well-built car that wasn't rushed out to me for no reason on my part, but to fulfill an objective on their part. I would pursue trying to get a replacement, but I feel that would be more trouble than it's worth. I will just use this as a learning experience and have pause when another Tesla model comes out. I feel especially bad for the stealth P owners because they don't even have the 5K recourse, and received an AWD with a software upgrade. They should really do something for those owners.
Well my car has been in service for 28 days, but they are actually fixing the problems. Granted, I'm guessing that the trunk may never be correct and I can't PPF due to having to let paint cure vs factory cured paint... If I knew where the adjustment points are I probably could have shimmed it and adjusted it myself by now. Maybe they will get it right on this next attempt though! I expected there to be some issues with a first year model, but the tax credit made that acceptable since first years tend to take a bit higher of a price hit over following years. However the lack of PUP like everyone else gets, and the fact I pretty much have a refurbished car now makes this hit allot harder, and of course makes me regret purchasing the car.
No matter how you look at it I drastically overpaid for the vehicle even with the tax credit in place...It's not a good feeling but at least I will be able to start driving it soon. Even if Tesla offered me a $1500 refund, spoiler, pedals I'd probably take it over FUSC. I went to the local supercharger over the weekend and there was a line of 5 cars, with lots of people pulling in and then just driving off... I decided to just get home and use my truck instead. Of course the local Supercharger is free to everyone anyways, not just those with FUSC, so until they complete more chargers, FUSC is virtually worthless anyways. The other supercharger near me is free only with FUSC but you have to pay $5 an hour to get into the parking structure they placed it in....

I thought my SxS was a money pit, but it turns out the tesla is turning out to be worse.

Reactions: Perry

I've got a favor to ask you. I come to this thread to get information regarding the price change situation and Tesla's follow up actions. I do not come here to hear about your service issues, your dissatisfaction with your car in general, your lemon plans, your PPF, etc. Could I convince you to start your own thread about that stuff? Otherwise you are holding the rest of us hostage on this valuable thread by posting non-relevant material.

Reactions: matto and airbil
I've got a favor to ask you. I come to this thread to get information regarding the price change situation and Tesla's follow up actions. I do not come here to hear about your service issues, your dissatisfaction with your car in general, your lemon plans, your PPF, etc. Could I convince you to start your own thread about that stuff? Otherwise you are holding the rest of us hostage on this valuable thread by posting non-relevant material.
Oh my poor you! BTW what I posted is relevant.

News flash, nothing has changed in the last 50 pages or so.

I went to the local supercharger over the weekend and there was a line of 5 cars, with lots of people pulling in and then just driving off... I decided to just get home and use my truck instead. Of course the local Supercharger is free to everyone anyways, not just those with FUSC, so until they complete more chargers, FUSC is virtually worthless anyways. The other supercharger near me is free only with FUSC but you have to pay $5 an hour to get into the parking structure they placed it in....

Are you not aware of the 20 stall Carlsbad SC? That's closer to Escondido than Qualcomm and Downtown SD SC's.