Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good way to get ~60 ncr18650b ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My nephew (16yo!) surprised me with a DIY project of making an electric cart. He got his own motor, read battery pack design books, found eBike bms and charging controllers, assembled his pack, designed and is soldering his own frames, etc. he goes to a waldorf school and this is his 2-year project. One important factor is that he’s doing this in Argentina, where you can’t just go to amazon and buy electronics, books and parts just requiring assembly.

as an electronics engineer myself I am amazed at the initiative and effort and quality of his work so far and want to support his adventure.

**Are there places folks recommend getting ~60 ncr18650b cells? **

I’ve seen prices all over the board, without a clear correlation to discharge capacity, and without an easy way to tell counterfeit cells from the real deal.

advice, pointers, and suggestions appreciated. Also if you happen to have 52 cells you want to donate to catalyze the future generation of EV engineers, I’ll gladly pay for the post of the 1 or more packages required and commit to keep you abreast of the project.

thx in advance!