Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grants Awarded for Tesla in CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla will be adding some chargers at these destinations in the near future.

Attachments

• IMG_6516.jpeg
    IMG_6516.jpeg
    525.8 KB · Views: 242
Wow, that's quite a list, thanks for posting! Definitely excited about Cortez, Durango, and Pagosa Springs (as well as apparently a 2nd supercharger in Poncha Springs), even if it might take them 2+ years to build them (say completion expected by the end of 2025).

Surprised by several remote locations in the eastern plains, but the more the merrier.

I hope that Walden will eventually get something, as that's really a charging desert at the moment, and it's especially tough if you're traveling up the Poudre canyon from the front range. But unfortunately nothing on this list...

(Full press release here: Press Release for DCFC Plazas Awards.pdf)

Interesting about Poncha Springs being on that list. My recollection is that it was the first rural, far from an Interstate highway, Supercharger Station in Colorado. It is also heavily used, unlike most other remote locations. An expansion there or in Salida would be helpful. I was the second person to ever charge at Poncha Springs, in February 2018, and the location at the intersection of US 50 and US 285, and at the base of Monarch Pass, is a big deal for those of us in SW Colorado heading to the Front Range. I've charged there thirty times over the years.

I've been rooting for Cortez for many years, since it is the gateway city for Mesa Verde National Park and now a useful node for those traveling to/from Mountain Village Supercharger. Never thought that Cortez was going to happen since Durango gets all the attention, despite being only 46 miles from the Farmington NM Supercharger. Now that Alamosa is finally under construction, Pagosa Springs will be a big help with US 160 and Wolf Creek Pass.

Wow, that's quite a list, thanks for posting! Definitely excited about Cortez, Durango, and Pagosa Springs (as well as apparently a 2nd supercharger in Poncha Springs), even if it might take them 2+ years to build them (say completion expected by the end of 2025).

Surprised by several remote locations in the eastern plains, but the more the merrier.

I hope that Walden will eventually get something, as that's really a charging desert at the moment, and it's especially tough if you're traveling up the Poudre canyon from the front range. But unfortunately nothing on this list...

(Full press release here: Press Release for DCFC Plazas Awards.pdf)
Seconded for Walden. Why no business there has installed a charger is really surprising to me. You'd have a captive audience.

Reactions: Tectonic
The more in Colorado Springs, the better, but I'd really like to see one in Woodland Park!
Yeah, I am planning to build a house in Woodland Park in the next year or so. It would be great to have a supercharger there. Kind of surprised there isn’t any DCFC at the Walmart already. I rarely see Teslas in town, except passing through on US-24, but occasionally I see one at the L2 charger at the rest area; probably misjudged distance or elevation of the mountain pass. :)