Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Auto Trunk V4 CANBUS Harness for 2018 and older Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Frieda’s Boss

Model 3 AWD Silver + Model Y AWD Red
Sep 30, 2018
Vancouver, WA
Has anyone been able to get a CANBUS Harness for Pre-2019 Model 3s? It looks like Tesla changed the harness around early 2019, so the plug that ships with the V4 Auto Trunk Kit won’t work for 2018 and older Model 3s.

F11CA51F-803C-468F-BA90-DC0A20673568.jpeg

Unfortunately, I’d already snaked the wiring through the floorboard trim and under the passenger seat so I feel like I’ve gone too far to turn back now and am currently driving around with the cover trim off and the wiring exposed under the rear vents. This harness is just a short connection piece so I’m hoping Hansshow can provide this part since there was no distinction at the time of purchase for Pre/Post 2019 builds.

Hi, I just ordered a kit from them (V.7) but realized afterwards that I have chosen the wrong kit (2017-2019/02). My model 3 was manufactured in 2019/05. Just wanted to ask how things have gone for you without that cable? Have you run into any problems? Is it possible to control opening/closing via display? Did you manage to get hold of the right cable from Hansshow? Grateful for answers.

Hi, I just ordered a kit from them (V.7) but realized afterwards that I have chosen the wrong kit (2017-2019/02). My model 3 was manufactured in 2019/05. Just wanted to ask how things have gone for you without that cable? Have you run into any problems? Is it possible to control opening/closing via display? Did you manage to get hold of the right cable from Hansshow? Grateful for answers.
Wondering the same