Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

head light frost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First stint in the freezing uk weather and fantastic press defrost on the app and all is good.
Nice and cosy and defrosted. Not worked out how the timed condition works yet if it only works plugged in then may not be for me as I do not plug in every day and use off peak tariff. May look to put a boost timer on my charger to allow power and plug in when cold.
So get in and set off and soon think are my headlights on.... Seriously bad,,, no beam throw. down dark country roads after 10 mins and still no throw. Cars behind me have way more effect than mine. I stop to get out open the door and no lights at all, I am down in a dark country road and even opening the door lights go out. Surly this should stay on until the car locks. anyway
Looked at the the lights and they are frosted up. NEVER in any car I have driven had to use de icer on lights. ok led so no or low heat but surly a heat element is needed.

Does any one else have this issue. Or a fix

Frosted up headlights are known, leds dont give alot of heat. So keep a bottle of defrosting spray in the car for the headlights and taillights.
Attacking them with an ice scratcher will most likely scratch them.
Also there is a setting in the menu something like, lights stay on for a limited time when you get out of the car.

Upvote 0
I know this post is about two years old. I just got my Model Y last summer and this is my first winter that I experience that problem. Gotta remind myself to clean the frosting off before I drive. Can be very dangerous if you're on highway and can't see ahead of you.

Upvote 0