Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater blowing cool air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 long range, and when turning the heater on, the vents blow cool air. I submitted a service request and looks like this is a known issue by Tesla engineering but there’s no fix yet. Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

• C85E9B8C-33FE-4BDA-AB46-40B829B10B8A.jpeg
    C85E9B8C-33FE-4BDA-AB46-40B829B10B8A.jpeg
    494.3 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: brewcoffee2019
I have a 2021 long range, and when turning the heater on, the vents blow cool air. I submitted a service request and looks like this is a known issue by Tesla engineering but there’s no fix yet. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have a 2018 LR that just began blowing cool air this winter. The issue is intermittent, and I have not pinpointed conditions that cause it.

Reactions: brewcoffee2019
I noticed when it was super cold on Christmas Eve (single digits) that it seemed like cold air was blowing out of the dash vents or defrost vents from time to time. Checking the car's ambient temperature with SMT showed that the reading was about 6-7 degrees off from reality - it said the temperature was 78! I had to periodically bump the set temperature from 72 to over 80 degrees in the 2 hours I drove before stopping to keep from being blasted with cold.

We haven't had a cold snap like that since, but I do find that closing the dash vents (I leave them closed all winter) is not enough to keep drafts at bay. The car also keeps turning the climate control back to dash+floor even after I disable dash.