Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, just another one of probably many new members here after the Model 3 unveil. I live in Homer Glen, IL (SW 'burbs of Chicago).

I work midnights so I headed to my local Tesla store (Oakbrook) to reserve mine after work the morning of the 31st. By the time I got there there were ~200-300 people in line according to one of the guys there. The funniest part were the people walking up and asking what we were lined up for..."To put a down payment on a car we've never seen and know nothing about" was the usual response. A lot of people assumed it was for the iPhone released that day, but the Apple store in Oakbrook was damn near empty.

Anyway, looking forward to wasting the next couple years on this forum waiting, speculating, and getting to know some you Tesla enthusiasts out there!!

Welcome, tommythecat! Same experience as you here. The Tesla store is directly across from the Apple store at The Village mall in Corte Madera, so passersby asked if the line was for the iPhone. There were 250+ in line for the Model 3; there was no line for the iPhone.