Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help, missing some screw ?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello , today I am doing tire rotation.does everyone know what is the screw part nomber!? Only driver side brake disc missing one , thanks for you help ! Later 2014 MS

Attachments

• IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 70
That's where a small screw goes to hold the rotor in place during assembly. It is not needed at all beyond the assembly process. You can usually screw on a couple of lug nuts far enough to hold the rotor in place during assembly, or just hold it with one hand while getting on the caliper. Once the wheel is torqued on, it holds the rotor firmly in place, not that tiny little screw.

It is actually better to leave that screw out, because it very often rusts into place and is very hard to remove when it does. If your rotor is rusted stuck, chances are that screw is rusted stuck, so if you want use @Ostrichsak suggestion, it's better to leave that screw out since it doesn't help anything after assembly. You can see stuck screws in many of the professional auto mechanic youtube videos, especially for cars in the rust belt.

Upvote 0
That's where a small screw goes to hold the rotor in place during assembly. It is not needed at all beyond the assembly process. You can usually screw on a couple of lug nuts far enough to hold the rotor in place during assembly, or just hold it with one hand while getting on the caliper. Once the wheel is torqued on, it holds the rotor firmly in place, not that tiny little screw.

It is actually better to leave that screw out, because it very often rusts into place and is very hard to remove when it does. If your rotor is rusted stuck, chances are that screw is rusted stuck, so if you want use @Ostrichsak suggestion, it's better to leave that screw out since it doesn't help anything after assembly. You can see stuck screws in many of the professional auto mechanic youtube videos, especially for cars in the rust belt.

Thanks for your reply,I will leave it alone,as so far not any issues,just today found all other three little screws stay on ,and someone posted said May cause car vibration,but not for my situation

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply,I will leave it alone,as so far not any issues,just today found all other three little screws stay on ,and someone posted said May cause car vibration,but not for my situation

Not enough mass in that little screw to make a difference in vibration, especially with the screw being so close to the center of the wheel and compared to the combined mass of the wheel, tire, and brake rotor.

Upvote 0