Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S Door Handle Not Presenting, I found cut cables during repair attempt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I have an issue that when I was removing my front passenger door handle for a Tesla Model 5 2015, I discovered that a couple of the cables from the same harness were cut.

The two red circle hilight the cut wires and the part where it goes into (determine day vids on YT).

Any suggestions on the following:
1. What does this part do?
2. What approach I should do to fix it and replacement parts I should acquire?
3. Would calibration be required with the above approach?
4. Anticipated costs of materials/link to get them? Also where can I get a new c-clip?

The symptom that triggered me to get this is because the door was opening by itself when the handles presented. I am unsure if the issue would be solve by using the screw by the microswitch and I rather make sure that everything works and is correctly in place.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_7135.jpg

I had similar on my 2014 S. I bought several handles on eBay when I found them at a good price. I swapped parts from one to the other until I had a functioning handle. The part under the large star drive bolt is a pressure sensor I believe. The wires had ripped out of mine too. The bolt can set the exterior handle flush to the door panel.