Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Stain on white seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for going off topic, but can I buy these covers to convert my black seats into white ones? I really just want the white seats and don't care much about the dashboard or door trim in white.
I don't see why not, the seats are designed to be pretty universal since the engineering for safety is expensive; it definitely seems that it would be just the cover that is different

I have a friend in the Bay Area who specializes in cleaning products. I've used a variety of them on really hard stuff both home and auto and they have been like magic. Toads Eye Enterprises, Scott Armacost, I will look for his phone # for you

One thing you could test on an inconspicuous spot is pure kerosene. It's great at lifting oil-based stains. First make sure you have pure kerosene by placing a few drops on a pure white coffee filter. If it evaporates after a few hours totally invisibly and with no residual odor, then you have pure kerosene.

Reactions: navguy12
I would recommend you call your Tesla Parts dept then.
Im friends with mine and all of this info is what I was told.
Since I planned on getting this info for when the seats do wear out I opened a support case with Tesla. Looks like the seat covers are around 440 or a little over 500 installed. Seat covers for the rears and front drivers are no problem.

For the front passengers seat you can change the back out but not the bottom due to an integrated passenger occupancy sensor. I guess it takes dark arts magic to tell if someone is in a seat. So if you mess up the passenger bottom seat cover you must buy an entire seat. It is not 100% clear if the drivers seat cover can be used on passengers side so I wouldn't risk it.

They quoted a little over $3,000 to replace all rear seat and front drivers covers. The entire passengers seat is $1,870.

I was thinking though perhaps if you have an early model 3 you may have to buy the whole rear seat. Do you have an early build?

Reactions: JPELKA
Been there with classic cars, never works.

I have had the leather recolored on several cars: Lotus Esprit, Series 1 Jaguar E-Type, Lamborghini Murcielago, and Range Rover.

They were all done by the same shop, and they all look great to this day. The people you hired, or if you did it yourself, did it wrong.

With that said, I really doubt leather dye will work on the plastic seat covers of the Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot