Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC will be going down for some maintenance soon.

Help: Stain on white seat

stonefocus

Apr 7, 2020
Sunnyvale, CA
Hello all!

I recently got my M3P with white seat.
It was shipped across the country, and there was extra tires came with it.
But previous owner was not considerate and put a tire on the front passenger seat with only plastic between them!!!
After all, I got this stain and having really hard time to take it off.

Please see photos for how it looks like now. It is worse if you see it in person.
IMG_20200520_193343.jpg IMG_20200520_193539.jpg IMG_20200520_193543.jpg

I have tried these
- Leather cleaner with leather brush
- Orange degreaser from Chemical guys
- MR. clean magic eraser

But it does not seems like it comes off...
Do you have any advice? Should I go to professional? Where should I go?
I live in Bay area. Do you have any recommendation?

ofcorona

Feb 10, 2020
Los Angeles
Yikes.

The magic eraser should of it job because it semi- abrasive.I hope you didn't put any muscle to it damaging the seat itself.
Last step for me will be Dawn & Water .

Reactions: Ticobird

JPELKA

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
IL
Unfort you cannot buy the white seat covers for the pass side for some reason. Have to buy the whole seat.
Im in the process of doing the same thing and wanted white seats. Found some on ebay that need to be shipped.
Sounds like the seller needs to get you a new seat or file a credit card dispute item damaged

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
Unfort you cannot buy the white seat covers for the pass side for some reason. Have to buy the whole seat.
Im in the process of doing the same thing and wanted white seats. Found some on ebay that need to be shipped.
Sounds like the seller needs to get you a new seat or file a credit card dispute item damaged
Is the left and right side different? Are the seats not symmetrical? The other items are not thus there are different parts. Why have two part numbers for the same thing?

JPELKA

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
IL
Is the left and right side different? Are the seats not symmetrical? The other items are not thus there are different parts. Why have two part numbers for the same thing?
They are not the same due to side airbags.
Now why you can buy seat covers for the drivers side and not the pass side is beyond me.
Also for the rear seats they do not sell the covers, have to buy the whole seat with the foam according to my Tesla Parts advisor

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
They are not the same due to side airbags.
Now why you can buy seat covers for the drivers side and not the pass side is beyond me.
Also for the rear seats they do not sell the covers, have to buy the whole seat with the foam according to my Tesla Parts advisor
I think your advisor is wrong about the rear seats.
rearseats.PNG

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
And I think the front covers are symmetrical where both sides are designed for air bags. Just looked and both sides seem exactly the same. I'm sorry JPELKA, but I think all of your information is incorrect concerning the front and rear seat covers.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy

JPELKA

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
IL
And I think the front covers are symmetrical where both sides are designed for air bags. Just looked and both sides seem exactly the same. I'm sorry JPELKA, but I think all of your information is incorrect concerning the front and rear seat covers.
I would recommend you call your Tesla Parts dept then.
Im friends with mine and all of this info is what I was told.

Birdman325

Aug 15, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Thx. I didn't even realize the white "cover" was replaceable, i.e. that it is in fact a cover, (it makes sense that it is ) - I thought it would be a whole new seat.

My white seats are still looking great after 28,000 km, but I do have a couple of small "stretch marks" on the side bolster of the driver's side. It is comforting to know that if it ever gets too bad, (or before I sell) I could replace just the bottom "cover".

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
Apologies for going off topic, but can I buy these covers to convert my black seats into white ones? I really just want the white seats and don't care much about the dashboard or door trim in white.

Reactions: navguy12

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC