Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Unable to Charge vehicle due to "Paid Charging Unavailable" Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

I purchased my used T3 vehicle from a non-Tesla dealership in London UK in January 2024.

Everything was registered after the purchase, and without any major issues have charged the vehicle successfully at home and on the road.

All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, the dreaded error " Paid charging unavailable " appeared!

After trying most of the workarounds and confirming there are no unpaid charging sessions on my account, called Tesla Vehicle Support ( TVS ). They have been next to useless so far 😢 However, they confirmed that no unpaid charges are pending on my account.

Their latest ask is that I contact the previous owner ( some Leasing company ) to check and pay any outstanding charging bills. However, in the UK, under new data protection rules, new owners are not provided details of the previous owners. I see this as a wild goose chase given that this vehicle may have had several drivers!

Incidentally, I can't travel very far from home at the moment as cannot charge on the road with this ongoing error.

What can a customer do to solve this issue?

Seriously frustrated with the robotic and useless responses from TVS.

Thanks!

Nothing happens. You call and they walk through the app restart and updates but nothing practical. Then they take details and get back to you 48 hours later asking for you to contact the previous owners ( so they can clear the outstanding payment ).

What is worse, my appointment at the Service Centre cannot be confirmed, as there is an outstanding payment due on my vehicle! Which Tesla cannot tell me anything about...

Absolutely a poor show!!

Folks,

I purchased my used T3 vehicle from a non-Tesla dealership in London UK in January 2024.

Everything was registered after the purchase, and without any major issues have charged the vehicle successfully at home and on the road.

All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, the dreaded error " Paid charging unavailable " appeared!

After trying most of the workarounds and confirming there are no unpaid charging sessions on my account, called Tesla Vehicle Support ( TVS ). They have been next to useless so far 😢 However, they confirmed that no unpaid charges are pending on my account.

Their latest ask is that I contact the previous owner ( some Leasing company ) to check and pay any outstanding charging bills. However, in the UK, under new data protection rules, new owners are not provided details of the previous owners. I see this as a wild goose chase given that this vehicle may have had several drivers!

Incidentally, I can't travel very far from home at the moment as cannot charge on the road with this ongoing error.

What can a customer do to solve this issue?

Seriously frustrated with the robotic and useless responses from TVS.

Thanks!
Expired Credit Card? Have you tried switching to another card?

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Yes, that would have been the next step to visit a Service Centre in person. I am grateful that the issue is now solved ( due to an error in their data-entry system at the time of ownership change apparently ) but cannot deny that this has left me questioning my choice of EV brand!

Yes, that would have been the next step to visit a Service Centre in person. I am grateful that the issue is now solved ( due to an error in their data-entry system at the time of ownership change apparently ) but cannot deny that this has left me questioning my choice of EV brand!
A typo has left you questioning your choice?

Are you sure that the dealer may not have sent the information over correctly?