Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with homelink auto open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just had the homelink installed and was able to set it up quite easily.with the exception of the auto open feature. I was able to set it up but it never actually work unless I set the auto open to 100'. Its a pretty basic procedure and i'm sure I did it right it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone know wha the problem might be?

you will have to change the distance to find the "sweet spot". i live in an apartment with gated garages and its setup that by the time i get on the apron the DING happens and the door opens. i had to adjust this a couple of times to get it accurate.

I found it's pretty finicky, for some reason my X never works unless I'm going forward and almost touching my garage door (I park reverse). My 3 on the otherhand I can just stick in the nose on my driveway and it opens. Driveway is probably about 20' from door. Both are set up the exact same way as far as I can tell. I don't want to set it too far as I sometimes have to drive past my house and don't want to leave it open.

Sort of off topic, but it's hillarious when my wife and I both get home at the same time and the cars try to open the garage at different times. Less hillarious when one inadvertently tries to close it while the other is still halfway through...