Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
23MX Does anyone have any problems with HomeLink? I have tried to use the close when I leave function and it is worthless. It doesn't matter how far I set the open door, the close door will default to 20 feet, and I can't change that. I have only had the car since the middle of December, I have lost count of how many times HomeLink has tried to close the garage door on the car when backing into the garage. I have reset the location many times to outside the garage door. I also have a 22MYP and have never had this problem with the HomeLink in that car. I would assume this is just like the auto wipers, it is best just to disable them!

My HomeLink works well great in my 22MX. In fact I have 2 garage doors and have never had an issue.

My only issue with the HomeLink has to do with the Tesla app. The app does not allow you to select which garage door you want to control and it unfortunately defaults to my secondary garage door.

Upvote 0
HomeLink? I have tried to use the close when I leave function and it is worthless.
have lost count of how many times HomeLink has tried to close the garage door on the car when backing into the garage
You first mention a problem with it not closing as you leave then mentioned it trying to close on the car as you back into the garage. I assume these are 2 separate concerns. Can you clarify the problem when it tries to close on the car? Has it auto-opened for you as you arrived, and then it tries to close as you come into the garage? You said the distance is defaulting to 20 ft, but it is closing when you are at 0ft?

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Upvote 0
Been using HomeLink since 2018 with my Model 3's and now on my HW4 (Oct. 2023 built) Model X with no real issues. An occasional maybe 1 of 20 missed close, but usually that's thrown off if I manually activated the door up or down and not using the geo-fenced setpoints.

Try re-pairing your door remote to the vehicle, delete what you have saved first!

Ensure the remote batteries are fresh (strong signal) and you're doing the extra "learning" step if your garage door openers are the more modern "rolling code" type.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigriver
Upvote 0
Might be a long shot but check what kind of bulbs you have in your garage opener. I put two LED bulbs that were somehow messing with the homelink signal. Once I replaced them with another set of bulbs my homelink started working consistently.

There are special bulbs made for garage openers that are low interference. If the opening works better than closing (lights are on), and you have an LED bulb, try swapping to an incandescent for testing.

Upvote 0