Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi all....new member... recently ordered a P3D+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my vehicle on Nov 22.

Looking forward to it but I will be pretty busy preparing my current car for sale.

I am getting a Midnight Silver Performance with the new Dark Gray Performance wheels and intend on wrapping the car with PPG Stealth.

This is a Canadian car, being delivered to Vancouver for me.

I have a few questions and concerns...

First, how accurate is the delivery estimates? I have not heard great things about it.

From what I've been told, once you have a VIN , the timetable should become more accurate?

Is there still a backlog for the rear spoiler?

This is my biggest concern, as I wish to wrap the car as soon as I pick it up.

Happy to be joining the Tesla community. My last car had a 6.2 litre V8.... o_O

Welcome!

I ordered a white/black performance with FSD on 10/14 when the website was still showing delivery within 2 weeks. I received a call 10/18 from an SA in Toronto saying the delivery would be much closer to mid-December. I then received an email 11/05 saying my car was in Calgary and would be delivered to Saskatoon 11/08. I happened to be away that week and wasn't completely ready for the car since I was now planning for a December delivery so I asked if they could pass it along to someone else. They seemed fine with it, removed the VIN from my account, and now I'm back to waiting for a mid-December delivery - I think - I no longer have any reference in my account to when the car might arrive.

I have seen a couple performance models delivered this fall and they had the spoilers already installed so I assume the backlog has disappeared.

As I was typing this, I received an automated text reminder from Tesla to complete all the tasks in my account to "get priority vehicle matching" - must be getting close!

• Love
Reactions: 7ESLA
You really should not make mods to the car until you have had it and driven it around fro a week or so. If you later want to return/exchange it for some reason Tesla will not comp you for the mods and may require you remove them before returning it.

As I was typing this, I received an automated text reminder from Tesla to complete all the tasks in my account to "get priority vehicle matching" - must be getting close!

Same!! I just received that text today. I've also ordered a Performance but it is white on white so maybe the Canadian orders are getting a move on now? FYI I ordered mine on Nov. 14 and was told that it would arrive mid-December as well... Also i noticed estimated delivery on their website is now 2-4 weeks.

Definitely going to get some snow tires ready this black Friday to put onto the car right away after delivery. It will probably snow on our delivery day and Pilot Sport 4S in the snow would be quite the interesting first drive home.

Last edited:
Same!! I just received that text today. I've also ordered a Performance but it is white on white so maybe the Canadian orders are getting a move on now? FYI I ordered mine on Nov. 14 and was told that it would arrive mid-December as well... Also i noticed estimated delivery on their website is now 2-4 weeks.

Definitely going to get some snow tires ready this black Friday to put onto the car right away after delivery. It will probably snow on our delivery day and Pilot Sport 4S in the snow would be quite the interesting first drive home.
Don’t do it take the rims with the tires with you.

Reactions: 7ESLA