Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki History of Tesla Motors Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

danny

TMCing Since 2006
Administrator
Aug 15, 2006
California
Referral Code
Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was formed in August 2006 by danny as an online discussion forum for the then fledgling Tesla Motors battery electric car project. TMC remains the premier independent forum for Tesla Motors and one of the core forums for electric cars worldwide. Although electric cars have existed in some capacity for over a century, Tesla Motors was the first company in a long time to courageously develop a truly ambitious and uncompromising vision of the future of automotive transportation. Their commitment to build not just electric cars, but the best cars that they could conceive of, has led them to compete head to head with the automotive establishment. Today Tesla Motors is shaking up the industry and has had far reaching and irrevocable influence on the development of automotive technology and the future of transportation.

When danny started TMC, he recognized that Tesla Motors had something special going on, and saw the need for an independent place for people to discuss it and share opinions. Over the first few years he grew the site to a few hundred active users. Doug became a moderator in July of 2008 and has substantially taken it upon himself to monitor and develop the content of TMC. He has become an important personality in the TMC community and is an integrative part of the website's functioning. He is now very active in improving functionality of the forums software. MPT joined the site as a member in December 2008 providing technical assistance, and site hosting.

Tesla Motors Club would not be where it is today without the contribution of its many passionate forum members and moderators.

List of administrators:
doug
danny

Head Moderator:
Doug G

List of Moderators:
AnOutsider
dsm363
rabar10
Robert.Boston
TEG
widodh
dpeilow

Past Moderators:
graham
tonybelding
ElSupreme
NigelM
bonnie

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MisterT2
I'd like to add my thanks to the founders and moderators as well. TMC has been an invaluable source of information for the past year - before I placed my order, during the agonizing last weeks pre-delivery, and in working out minor issues or purchasing add-ons post-delivery. And it is a source of connection and community for members.

I too am adding my thanks to the founders and moderators. I can not improve on the words that PeterK used above my reply. So, I wish to give a big "ditto" to what he so wisely and perfectly expressed. TMC was a source of valuable info before I placed my order and as a independent voice helped me complete my decision to push the order button. I can say again though, THANK YOU.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Admin & Moderators, mahalo (thank you) for keeping everything tidy and dedicating your time and knowledge to make the Tesla experience more meaningful for all, including owners, investors, enthusiasts and inquiring minds.