Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Onboard Charger Information

Model 3 Long Range
Onboard charger: 48 Amp / 11.5 kW
Recommended circuit breaker for max charge rate with Wall Connector: 60 Amp circuit breaker

Model 3 Mid Range
Model 3 Standard Range
Onboard charger: 32 Amp / 7.7 kW
Recommended circuit breaker for max charge rate with Wall Connector: 40 Amp circuit breaker

Tap the lightning bolt icon on the touchscreen to view the max amperage of your vehicle.

Source: Onboard Charger

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier
I opted against the mounted tesla wall unit initially since its 500$ that I don't necessarily want to spend right now

You'll probably be happy with this. I ran a 100 amp circuit for 2 wall chargers (for 2 M3LR). In about a year and a half, it's been overkill. Charging at 20-30 amps (per car) would easily keep the battery topped off during an overnight charge. Heck, even charging on a 110v circuit would probably be enough most of the time depending on daily mileage.

Having a charger that you can leave in your garage adds convenience. If you're going get a second portable charger for this then you might as well get a wall charger.

But, I'm happy about the large circuit for future proofing. I don't plan to ever go back to an ICE.

Reactions: eprosenx
Your in Brighton! close to me, I am around 128th and Holy in Thornton / Brighton depending what the mail say. Yeah, at some point ill get an additional charger of some form, looks like an electrician buddy is going to do the install while I watch and provide him some cash and alcohol for the assistance. Ill post what we end up doing, were going to plan on doing it next weekend.

Since it seems the "within 2 week" for delivery is a crock who knows how long ill actually have to wait lol.