Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hood latch sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BDD927D8-F203-45AA-8863-3EE80D381143.jpeg
I recently installed an Auto Frunk v5 by hansshow. Everything is working fine and there's no warnings inside the car. However when I was playing around with my app I noticed there was a alert in my service menu that my hood latch sensor requires service. Does anyone know if this is because I installed the auto frunk or because there is something wrong with the sensor.

View attachment 736940I recently installed an Auto Frunk v5 by hansshow. Everything is working fine and there's no warnings inside the car. However when I was playing around with my app I noticed there was a alert in my service menu that my hood latch sensor requires service. Does anyone know if this is because I installed the auto frunk or because there is something wrong with the sensor.

I'd get in there and make sure everything is plugged in and nothing got knocked loose during install. Those sensors should be robust, IMO.

I'd get in there and make sure everything is plugged in and nothing got knocked loose during install. Those sensors should be robust, IMO.
Yeah everything is connected. The frunk is working fine. There's no warnings or anything. When I look at the notifications in the service menu it says there are no active alerts. But if I scroll down to the day I installed the auto frunk then I see the hood latch sensor service required notification. So I'm hoping it just triggered the warning when I was installing it.

Yeah everything is connected. The frunk is working fine. There's no warnings or anything. When I look at the notifications in the service menu it says there are no active alerts. But if I scroll down to the day I installed the auto frunk then I see the hood latch sensor service required notification. So I'm hoping it just triggered the warning when I was installing it.
I'm a little late with this, but FWIW, the service indication probably means you confused the microswitch sensor on the latch. It has two spring-steel arms. If one is closed and the other is open, you will get the message you got. If you installed an auto frunk, it is quite likely that you might have slightly bent one of the actuator arms. It is an easy fix to inspect the microswitch and deal with it.

I'm a little late with this, but FWIW, the service indication probably means you confused the microswitch sensor on the latch. It has two spring-steel arms. If one is closed and the other is open, you will get the message you got. If you installed an auto frunk, it is quite likely that you might have slightly bent one of the actuator arms. It is an easy fix to inspect the microswitch and deal with it.