Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible sound over speed bump (right after Eibach, Hardrace, MPP camber kit)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I will sure bring it back to the shop tomorrow morning, but what the heck is that at the rear? It sounds like metal twisting.

6months ago, KW V3 was installed, no weird noise at the back. Yesterday, I have the following installed.
1. Eibach Sway (at medium setting)
2. Hardrace Endlink (same length as stock)
3. MPP Camber kit (same length as stock)

Driving on the road is fine, cornering feels great too, but every speed bump would sound like a broken truck at the back. Both wheels over the speed bump is the worst, then one wheel over it cut half. Any idea at all so I won't get BS by the shop.

I will sure bring it back to the shop tomorrow morning, but what the heck is that at the rear? It sounds like metal twisting.

6months ago, KW V3 was installed, no weird noise at the back. Yesterday, I have the following installed.
1. Eibach Sway (at medium setting)
2. Hardrace Endlink (same length as stock)
3. MPP Camber kit (same length as stock)

Driving on the road is fine, cornering feels great too, but every speed bump would sound like a broken truck at the back. Both wheels over the speed bump is the worst, then one wheel over it cut half. Any idea at all so I won't get BS by the shop.

I would remove both swaybar end links and test again, that is usually the cause of noise!

Reactions: dfwatt
Hi MountainPass,

I went to the shop before reading your post.:(

With limited time and the shop was busy, the mechanic first blamed your camber kit bla bla bla, he then retorqued the bolts to 95lb-ft and the noise still exists but slightly different. I will find another shop to take a look at the swaybar/endlink. Below is the video I took after coming back home.

Thanks, you are right, after they put the lubricant back, the noise is gone instantly.
Hi asian_xl,

I just got my M3 LR in HK a couple of weeks ago. Got a KWV3 installed too. Just wonder how much did you lower your car so that i can take it as a reference? Currently i got mine lowered 20mm. Works well in most of the carparks (haven't tried New Town Plaza yet). I'd like to go a little bit lower thus wanted to hear your experience.

Thanks in advance!

are you in the local member whatsapp group?

if you want to enter a parking lot, the height in my profile pic is already too low. You need at least 2 fingers between the fender and tire to go around town. KW factory setting height is more than enough.