Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to charge from 5%-100% at urban SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Zoomit may have a definitive answer for this, but if you can avoid it, I would highly recommend avoiding supercharging to 100%. Charge up to 80% or so and drive on to the next Supercharger on your route.

If you haven't already, try plugging in your car details and route to ABRP and see what it says: A Better Routeplanner

They've programmed in individual SC rates, vehicle charging profiles, etc. More often than not, you save time by charging as little as possible at each individual SC and making reasonably-distanced hops between them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zoomit
@Zoomit may have a definitive answer for this,
Well, there's taxes and death, but nothing definitive about DC fast charging times! Especially when charging to 100% as the battery may need to balance before completing.

Nevertheless, under optimal conditions (primarily a warm battery), an LR car will take about 80 minutes to charge from 5-99%. It could be another 8-15 minutes to get to 100%.

5-80% is about 50 minutes.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Thanks, the reason I'm asking is because the uSC is right near where my meeting is at. I'll be driving to the meeting and be near empty when I get there....the problem is the meeting is expected to last between 90-120 minutes. I wouldn't want to leave the car after it's done charging and I won't be able to leave early to move it. I guess I'll charge after the meeting.

Thanks!

Yes, idle fee only applies if supercharger is 50%+ full. By the time you are done charging it will be close to the end of your meeting anyway. I would not worry too much. Even if you get hit with 50c per minute charge for a few minutes it's not that big of a deal.

Reactions: preilly44
I do not have a lot of experience with SC stations but I once charged my volt at one that had a J1772 EVSE. If your station has one maybe you could hook up to it and set your charge limit down to where you get a 2 hr charge time.

Reactions: preilly44