Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to correct damage discovered at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car didn’t go to a body shop. I didn’t get no # or directed to pick an approved Tesla body shop. Unless the Costa Mesa SC has an in house body shop for nicks of paint nothing major just pin point that could spread and peel over time but rather have it addressed now then later.

UPDATE:
So my message replies between my Tesla service advisor were never going through. So I had to call and have the service representatives note my updates on the messages for my service advisor to see. My car was estimated to be done in 3-5 days but it took.2 extra days. In the end, everything was repaired, no additional damage, car was fully charged, and process was fast. Tesla went beyond and did extra to make their customers happy. I am glad my car made it through as I heard the past, Tesla SC were terrible.

...reported an issue at delivery..advisor wrote up the issue on blank letterhead..asked for copies of everything and magically that sheet was not included..waited to get a copy..a bunch of supervisors came and correct the issue on the spot..good luck with the shadiness..

Took them about 6 weeks to complete issues on mine, but it had to go back to repaint because it picked up more rock chips on the way back from the body shop.... Then they had a bit more alignment to do with the trunk so it would not be crooked. Then about another 4-5 service appointments to fix all the broken clips in the door panels from the doors that were re-painted. And another trip to fix the window that was scratched while they were working on the door panels.

There is still a screw driver mark under my dash where the pry panel for the screen was removed, they said they would order the part but I don't think they did because it has been months.

Here is a picture of the repaint. Although It's hard to see in direct sunlight and I swear it looked fine when I picked it up, I noticed this tape line in my garage lighting (the line goes across past the bottom of the tesla T, but it's hard to pickup with the camera.

repaint.jpg

Reject the car. They fixed issues on mine but the repairs don't look as good as new, it was very stressful, and it took forever.