Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to add FSD after purchasing the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a dumb question, and I have been around here long enough to wonder if I should risk ridicule, but here goes...

From what I have inferred, I should be able to do it from my account, but when I log in, I see my Model S and M3. Click Manage 3 and I can view details, schedule service, or request help. Selecting any of them doesn't take me to any screen that lets me buy it. I even went under accessories, thinking maybe?

Am I missing something?

Also, when I go to View Details, shouldn't it say that I have a Performance Model 3 anywhere? My car's avatar is correct, and says I have the 20" wheels, premium interior, and under Options, it shows that I have Enhanced Auto Pilot and Premium Interior. That's it. Is this what it is supposed to look like???

My MVPA does show that I have a P3, I just think the screen is missing something.

I have the feeling that I may have to spend hours on hold with Tesla support. I tried their new Tesla Support chat, but all it says is that they are busy, try later. You can't even get into a queue.

Oh, my full VIN does show, I just X'ed it out.

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.47.38 AM.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 46
go 1 page back to 'Vehicle Page' and scroll down until you see 'Shop.' There will be three options, one being 'Autopilot Ugrades'. Click and you should see a check box to add FSD.
Scroll Down.....

Ok. Too easy. Now I feel properly self-ridiculed.

...and both Tesla customer support and sales just called back and couldn't figure that out. They told me to go to a local service center and buy it there, and in the mean time are having IT '"work on my account" to fix it.

Odd's are good that I won't be able to drive the car soon.

Ah, but then there's a big GOTCHA for me.

Tesla's profile for my car clearly shows EAP.

But when I go to order FSD, the page gives me the option of ordering AP and then FSD. As if I don't have EAP.
Not the ability to add FSD to my EAP.

I've sent messages to Tesla through various means to get this issue fixed.

It should be on the bottom section "Shop" below "Learn" - you'll have a link there for Autopilot Upgrades if any are available (mine does not show since I have FSD)
Yes, I see it now, and maybe the IT dept flipped a flag, because I can't imagine that I was dense enough to miss it (I can actually, I'm just not admitting it). I know that I saw accessories and charging, not AP.

Regardless, now I can think on it until Sunday. I still don't like the idea of buying it before they are delivering it. Since:
1. It might not happen, because based on Elon, it already should be here,
2. Tesla could go under which is worse than 1.
3. I might sell the car before it happens, and potential buyer may see no value based on it being vaporware.
4. It might drop in price again, because it is instant money to Tesla.
5. My wife doesn't trust AP on the FWY now, so there's that.