Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to prevent stuff from sliding around in trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BillHenn

🚗 '21 Model S LR MSM/Blk/FSD (RN1144) placed 2/8
Feb 19, 2021
Cleveland, OH
I bought this TRUNKCRATEPRO trunk organizer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077MC2WH3?th=1) for my old SUV and love it. It never moved around in my old trunk, although I did have cargo clips to attach it to there. While it fits great in the forward part of my Model S Refresh rear trunk (Tesla never gave me the lower trunk cover at delivery), if I accelerate hard, it flies into the lower trunk well and things fly all over the place. And Tesla never put cargo net attach points anywhere in the trunk.

I then ordered these multipurpose cargo organizer blocks (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVPWSXM) that were supposed to stick to carpet. They probably would have worked great but their velcro bottom didn't stick at all to whatever carpet Tesla uses for the floor part of the trunk. However, oddly they DID stick to the side of the lower trunk well even though that carpet looks similar to the trunk floor carpet. However having them in the lower trunk well does me no good so I had to return them.

My question to the community here is, how do you secure anything down in the trunk? If the trunk floor had the same carpet material as what seems to be in the lower trunk well, the organizer blocks might have worked great. Has anyone found some kind of velcro organizer block that actually does stick to the trunk floor carpet?

I have been using Rola MOVE 59000 organizer that I got from Amazon years ago. It works very well to hold things and does not move around at all. It may have been discontinued and is hard to find. Google found it here - Rola M.O.V.E Interior Car Load and Cargo Organizer although I know nothing about this seller. Amazon has the larger version Amazon.com which I use inside the lower trunk well to keep it organized. I would think the larger version will work equally well, just takes up more space.