Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Sell Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to login after reading this to ask and do realize this thread is about selling a Tesla S.

I also have a 2017 100D with MCU1. 1) How did your MCU1 end up bricking the car; were there signs or a simple "it's dead Jim" surprise? 2) Your post makes it seem Tesla service is in denial. Is that the case, or it is something else, like a lack of urgency, or they will fix it after you tow it to them, et cetera? I am assuming your a US owner too.

Due to pandemic I have not been driving my S much. I am undecided if I have my tin foil hat on too tight making me see things or if I have a MCU 1 starting to fade. A few times this winter, starting my vehicle takes a minute. I have had to reboot several times due to weird issues, e.g. radio shows but no music plays though volume shows up and down changes, s l o w screen performance, a web browser that given minutes, won't render a web page any longer though an ad or two might (it's always been slow compared to a mobile - but now it's glacial).

I have a 2017 MS P100D. Top of the line. Bricked in my garage with a bad MCU1 which is under warranty. But of course Tesla says. Ahh. Well. Nothings wrong. Wonder who want to but it so I can just get out.

I bought mine over summer off craigslist. Orig, because of the price I thought it was likely a scam......turns out he was retired guy, nice and honest. I met up with him and didnt even try to talk him down, I already knew it was a great deal. Easy Peasy. Only semi difficult thing was getting Tesla to get the app to work on my phone, needed to prove I was owner now....other than that it was gravy. I am now updating my 2017 Model S with FSD to MCU2......if I ever sold this car, it would go onto craigslist. There are enough eyeballs there.