Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to take safe delivery with cv-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am suppose to take delivery of my Y on Tuesday...

Somewhat concerned/nervous on how to safely get it with the virus scare..

I am trading in a car and taking delivery....

What’s the easiest safest way to complete the transaction?

Also i am thinking of completing the transaction...spraying the inside with Lysol and then lock it and let it sit at the dealership for a few days in the sun to let the virus die off if it exists inside...then go pick it up

Thoughts? Totally worried as the cv19 scare is becoming very real in south florida

It is totally up to you and what you think is safe.

Personally I think the Lysol will ruin the new car smell, and I'm not sure if Tesla would appreciate it sitting in their lot for a long period of time.

*If* I was going to pick up a car during this time I would drive it home, not touch my face, and let it sit in the driveway for as long as I thought it would take to kill the virus.

Reactions: instantorque
You also can wear gloves. When you get home toss your clothes in the washer and let your car sit in the sun for a while.

Delivery employees know this is an issue, and will do what they can to keep interior virus free.

Employees are not allowed to come in sick and most have their temperatures taken every day. They will wear gloves as well and not get into your car when you are there. You will be able to play an introductory video on your display if you wish to familiarize yourself with the controls before driving home.

Most of your car will still be outgassing (new car smell) when you get it. Probably make it hard for virus to exist long on those surfaces.

You can give it a spray of lysol if you wish, but then get in and drive home.

Bring a glove or paper towel for the Supercharger handle if you are planning to charge up on your way home.

As others have said. Be especially careful to not touch your face on your ride home. A mask is fine. You can also wear a rain coat/jacket that can be cleaned when you get home.