Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am so glad Tesla lowered the door sills from the original Lotus design.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right but for those like me in their mid 50's or older it seems hard to imagine a car that is more challenging to get in and out of with even a smaller trunk and slightly smaller interior. But Lotus beats it on all accounts.

But its at a cost, its not as ridged in turns and you'll feel the lack of support in turns from having the sills lowered.

And all this time I thought it was the very light front end on the Roadster that gave the well balanced Lotus the edge on the track.

:)

You'll feel the frame roll and wonk around a little through the steering wheel. Mostly when diving into turns, the frame will flex more than the taller silled Elise. The stresses are more obvious with the car being longer, wider, and heavier in the ass end than the Elise and more so with the main side structural supports (sills) getting chopped down. The term for this is called "Cowl Shake":

Can somone please explain to me in easy to understand terms?

Last edited:
+1 for sure...(there is one advantage though...due to the difficult nature of entering / exiting the vehicle, my wife rarely drives it! :smile:)

You are right but for those like me in their mid 50's or older it seems hard to imagine a car that is more challenging to get in and out of with even a smaller trunk and slightly smaller interior. But Lotus beats it on all accounts.