Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I raced a Huracan and people can't believe the result.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will bet $20k that none of this $h!t will happen with the $5k race

I'm not betting $5k on a race so you're probably right. Especially since my whole point was always that it can beat a Huracan, not that it will beat a Huracan. Aside from that I wouldn't bet $5k on a race against a kid on a scooter. My guess is the guy trying to act like he's betting $5k on the race knows no logical person is going to bet $5k. Then he'd try to argue that I'm scared to race or something. Typical troll stuff, claim to want to race for some crazy amount of money only if the other person comes to them etc. Then try to throw insults about driving ability / race experience etc. Then the next step he'll use is trying to insult my bank account without any idea what it looks like, just because I won't bet on the race that he probably wouldn't show to anyways. I don't even buy lottery tickets, gambling is dumb to me. But people see shows like Street Outlaws and 1320 videos and assume that real people make bets like that all the time. When in reality even at grudge races $1,000 is a big bet. But I'll be at the 1/2 mile event in Gila Bend on the 14th if anyone wants to race. Sign ups are at omega motorsport dot com. There are some crazy fast cars there to check out as well. It's always a good time even to just spectate.

My biggest concern is the start guys placement. Seems that a great spot to get hit. He should be closer to the cars to increase the angle needed to hit him if something goes wrong.

I understand that. The event organizers handle all of that but of the many events I've been to there it's never been an issue.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
A couple months ago I raced a Lamborghini Huracan at a 1/2 mile event. Someone linked the video in an article and people are losing their minds because I won.

I saw a Huracan at the event and was curious how my Model 3 Performance would compare. So I asked the owner if he'd race me and he said he would. He was curious as well his wife has an AWD non performance.

I was below 80% charge but I got a good start and got out ahead of him early. I expected to get out ahead of him off the start but thought he'd come around me by the end of the 1/2 mile. He was gaining on me but I crossed the 1/2 mile a head of him. This was before the last 5% power increase as well.

There have been a few people that have watched the video and are upset about it for various reasons. Many claim the is no way the Model 3 Performance can win a race against a Huracan but it is possible especially with regular people driving.

not unreal but “unreal!” Solid difference.