Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Identify door panel electrical connector...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1676269033042.png

Ugh, sorry for the rookie request here. Can someone tell me where this white electrical connector plugs in? This is the side door after the door panel was removed.

I was serving the window regulator on my 2015 Model S 70D. As I was trying to figure out why the window electrical was giving me trouble, I realized I couldn't figure out where this white connector goes (presumably on the door panel). The blue connector above it looks very similar to the one in question, it connects to the window switch assembly providing power to operate the four windows. The circled one is white and has 4 wires and currently disconnected for me.

The other wires are all accounted for; 3 flood type lights and the electrical door latch

It’s probably for the Interior accent light connector as your car is missing them. If you do not have any LED light strip near the parcel where your elbow is resting then this connector has no place to connect to. You can see small area under there where the vinyl cover can be pressed to form a five inch length place for the light.

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
It’s probably for the Interior accent light connector as your car is missing them. If you do not have any LED light strip near the parcel where your elbow is resting then this connector has no place to connect to. You can see small area under there where the vinyl cover can be pressed to form a five inch length place for the light.

Awesome. Thank you.

Was that interior accent light an option? Does anyone add this back aftermarket?

no it is not
I just opened my door panel due to replacing door clips (mine with all premium light and ambient ascent option)
i have same connector left over hanging
I still have ascent light connected and working
I was searching for that connector and found this tread
I don't remember that I removed it