Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If pressing "the button" means you lose Smart Summon (and are limited to 75mph Autosteer) do you do it?

Will you press "the button" if it also gives you the new "Tesla Vision" build?

• No, I can't live without Smart Summon.

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • No, not if it limits Autosteer speed to 75mph.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Yes, I paid to be a beta tester. Give me beta FSD!

Votes: 57 73.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way I read the Tesla announcement is that cars currently equiped with radar will still use it.

The problem is that Tesla did the manufacturing switchover to drop radar before the software was ready for a radar-less vehicle.

Those of us with radar on our cars shouldn't face these same restrictions.
...at least that's the way I read the situation.

i’ll go on TMC first to see if v9 is worth it then decide. I only ever really use normal summon and don’t drove about 75 too much.

As an aside, i found that if you press the accelerator while using auto steer you can go above the set limit anyway...

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
The way I read the Tesla announcement is that cars currently equiped with radar will still use it.

The problem is that Tesla did the manufacturing switchover to drop radar before the software was ready for a radar-less vehicle.

Those of us with radar on our cars shouldn't face these same restrictions.
...at least that's the way I read the situation.

at some point they are going to have to merge the two types of cars into one development branch otherwise things will get messy. Also, i don’t think they will want the radar cars to be obviously better at autopilot features so if there is a benefit to radar expect it to be handicapped.

• Disagree
Reactions: Demonofelru
at some point they are going to have to merge the two types of cars into one development branch otherwise things will get messy. Also, i don’t think they will want the radar cars to be obviously better at autopilot features so if there is a benefit to radar expect it to be handicapped.
It appears likely that some future update will either stop using the radar, or will greatly reduce the use of it, in cars with radar.

However, the reduction in functionality discussed in this thread relates to a (hopefully) short term situation. Mostly likely created because the software is running behind schedule.