Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Individual songs warped playback speed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, my M3 recently started playing certain songs ‘weirdly’ - as if they’re sped up a bit and the bass levels have been turned down. Two examples I can think of are “Sweater Weather” and “Afraid” by The Neighborhood. The beat is a bit too fast, and the vocals are too high-pitched. I’ve played these songs in the car for years, and just last Friday the sounds changed. I took the car in for a separate issue (decreased power/speed limited) today and the technician said the song issue isn’t a car thing; it must be the app.
I tried playing those songs in the loaner car and have the same issue. Other songs sound perfectly fine in both cars. When I play the songs on my phone to confirm I’m not losing my mind, they’re fine. Any ideas? TIA

Yes, this has happened several times recently, like very weird/bad EQ, and instead of sped up, it plays songs slowed down to like .25 speed. This is via Tesla Spotify app, w. premium connectivity subscription. Rebooting makes Spotify/apps say no connection for a couple minutes, and then it usually starts playing normally again.

Upvote 0
Yes, this has happened several times recently, like very weird/bad EQ, and instead of sped up, it plays songs slowed down to like .25 speed. This is via Tesla Spotify app, w. premium connectivity subscription. Rebooting makes Spotify/apps say no connection for a couple minutes, and then it usually starts playing normally again.
Thanks! I’m using Slacker (I assume it’s still Slacker - doesn’t have the Slacker placeholder image when album art not available anymore - but anyway, the one with the orange and white icon), but hopefully it’s the same fix. I will try rebooting. Soft reboot, hard reboot?
I often get random ‘no connection’ messages anyway (surrounded by cell towers, big city, so I’ve got no clue why). Hopefully the reboot won’t erase all my thumbs up/thumbs down data (although that also happens mysteriously every 6 months or so).

Upvote 0