Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inspection location recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I’d like to know if anyone has experienced with Tesla Model 3 state inspection in Maine.

I’ve just moved to the state of Maine, and I do have 2020 Tesla Model 3 which was purchased in NJ. I have been told that all vehicles including EVs do need annual inspection in Maine.

I have seen some multi-location service companies like VIP Tires & Service who provides state wide inspections but wanted to ask if anyone recommends any service/location/person who is familiar with Teslas and have experience with inspecting Teslas.

Thanks.

Reactions: kayak1
Hi All,

I’d like to know if anyone has experienced with Tesla Model 3 state inspection in Maine.

I’ve just moved to the state of Maine, and I do have 2020 Tesla Model 3 which was purchased in NJ. I have been told that all vehicles including EVs do need annual inspection in Maine.

I have seen some multi-location service companies like VIP Tires & Service who provides state wide inspections but wanted to ask if anyone recommends any service/location/person who is familiar with Teslas and have experience with inspecting Teslas.

Thanks.
Inspections are fairly easy. Offer the jacking pucks and show the person doing the inspection how to use the key card and find the odometer.
After that I normally have the car back in 5 minutes.

Inspections are fairly easy. Offer the jacking pucks and show the person doing the inspection how to use the key card and find the odometer.
After that I normally have the car back in 5 minutes.
Thanks kayak1. Is there any place you recommend? Also, I don’t have jacking pucks, would it be sufficient to show them 4 lofting points as described in the manual in case they need to lift it?

Thanks kayak1. Is there any place you recommend? Also, I don’t have jacking pucks, would it be sufficient to show them 4 lofting points as described in the manual in case they need to lift it?
Tesla jacking pucks are $13 and up on Amazon. I keep a set in my car. You might be ok to show them the points

I have had Norms https://www.normsusedcars.com/ do a few inspections; I also had a good experience with Grovers https://www.yelp.com/biz/grover-auto-and-tire-wiscasset when Norms were scheduling a couple of weeks into the future.

Most small shops should be fine.