Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paramus NJ allow inspection before accepting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my model X this week in Paramus NJ. I learned that this practice to allow inspection is site specific. Does anyone have any experience here? Do they allow you to see inside the vehicle before accepting in the Paramus location?
Thanks!

It should have no bearing on the SC location. Simply tell them you're not paying until you see/inspect the car. I've bought two Tesla's and both times they wanted me to pay/sign first, but a simple "I'd like to inspect the car first" is all it takes. If they refused, I'd have walked away.

Reactions: TyH2009
I picked up my MYLR from Paramus last June. They were late bringing it out to the lot after my appointment time and I caught the employee who was preparing it and putting my name tag in the window. I told her that she was working on my car --she congratulated me, handed me the key cards and said I could look it over and then go inside when I was ready. I spent at least 30 minutes going over it before going inside to make my final payment. It looked like there were lots of other buyers going over their cars inside and out before driving off that day too.

It was a very busy location and I'm guessing that hasn't changed much. I'd suggest you look for your car in the lot before you check in at the front desk – at the very least, you'll get as much time as you want looking over the exterior as you want. And unless you catch a cranky employee, you'll likely get to see the interior before paying too.

I’m picking up my model X this week in Paramus NJ. I learned that this practice to allow inspection is site specific. Does anyone have any experience here? Do they allow you to see inside the vehicle before accepting in the Paramus location?
Thanks!
I picked mine up in Princeton NJ back in Nov. 2023, also Springfield back in July 2018.

Location is irrelevant, although timing like at the end of a quarter could be a little more restrictive due to volumes moving per day. All service/delivery centers will be a ZOO this week guaranteed so I would plan for not much personal attention.

Day of delivery I showed up, asked to check it out first and they opened it up and said come back in when you're ready.

I had no intention of refusing based on minor issues anyways. This was now my 3rd Tesla (1st X) but I've never had an issue with Tesla taking care of minor issues since 2018 so I didn't stress so much this time.