Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Unplugged Performance Refreshed Front Fascia to 2012 Signature Model S P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally pulled the trigger & installed Unplugged Performance Refreshed Front Fascia, color matched to the 2012 "signature" multi coat pearl paint. I then stored the original fascia.A rational is to preserve the original fascia with the "signature" nose cone. The 2012 nose cone on the "signature" edition is irreplaceable, Tesla doesn't have a replacement part if the nose cone would ever be damaged. A used nose cone would have to be found.
IMG_20200328_131636.jpg

IMG_20180712_170727.jpg

Reactions: blackoutRF
Unplugged Performance contracted to a auto body & paint shop that color matched my multi coat pearl paint, the shop painted the front fascia, then when back to unplugged performance in Hawthorne when it was ready to install a few weeks later, took about 4 hrs, they wrapped up the original fascia, put in the back of my model S. Cost of paint & install was $1600; total with fascia added was $4595.00 less tax. Excellent quality paint & match. Excellent fit & finish, I had to get a new front tesla emblem because the 2012 signature nose cone tesla emblem is curved, my service rep just gave it to me without charge. He even commented how excellent the refreshed fascia looked. Only thing is they forgot to plug in harness that went to lower lights & turn signals. I had to take cover off passenger side trim cover near frunk & plug it in. No biggy, easy for me to do. Previously, a few years ago, had the frunk apart installing a carbon fiber front apron from Sportline that replaced the OEM plastic one on the original 2012 fascia. The price held me back a little, I don't mind paying for quality if it's worth the price. All said & done, it is quality design & workmanship, except the bonehead move overlooking the lighting harness.

Last edited:
Matching pearl paint is difficult, 8 yr old pearl paint is even harder, the painter did a excellent job. Can't remember the name, I got their card somewhere. Old family run outfit, hole in the wall, but they had high end Lambo's, Ferrari,M AMG, BMW, so it looks like they are known for high end work. I usually don't like paying someone for work I think I can do myself, but it was worth it.
A few years back, I replaced all the stock speakers, except the subwoofer. I put in 8" Fosgate dual coils bridged to 2 ohm, in front doors, custom made mounts to stock, rear doors got Harmon Infinity Kappa 6.5 ", 3 in the dash & 2 in the rear hatch got 2" of the same, tweeters in front pillers got 1" Focal. Custom made pin adapter's to the stock plugs. No cutting wires. All 1 & 2 ohm to match stock system. Harmon originally designed the model S system to the cabin acoustics, but I also added sound proofing. Custom tuned the EQ with sound meter to the sound engineer industry excepted output wave form. Super clean sound across the spectrum, no need to spend $5000 -$8000. I used to run a store for Leo's Stereo in the 80's.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200504162854262_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200504163036890_COVER.jpg

Last edited: