Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting call post delivery about financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So about a month ago I bought a CPO and went to check it out. Everything looked good so I completed my financing and down payment and took delivery.

This weekend I got a call. "Hi _____, this is North Houston Telsa. We just wanted to see if were going to put down the down payment on your model S"

Me - "I paid it online when I picked up the car, what do you mean?"

Basically, they said they have no record of the very large sum of money I paid them. I told them I have bank statements and on the tesla website it shows the down payment. I said this is their issue and they need to figure it out and call me back.

Never heard back...

When I was young, my parents bought a refrigerator from a local appliance store. As was more common back then for things like appliances, my father negotiated a lower price than the sticker showed. We paid, loaded the fridge into our truck, and took it home. The next day the salesman called and said, "I sold you the fridge for a price that was lower than I should have agreed to. I need you to come back in and give us some more money."

Uh...

I once had a finance manager from a Toyota dealership call me after I bought a new Camry. He said he gave me a $500 rebate he shouldn't have and he was sending new papers to me to sign and send back. Long story short, I told them I wasn't signing any new papers and if they didn't like it, I would bring the car back and they can give me my trade in back. I received a message a couple days later saying no need to bring the car back and to just tear up the new paperwork.

Reactions: HankLloydRight