Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone contact not recognized by MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our strata entry gate is triggered to open by calling a phone number. It was initially in my iPhone contacts list as "the Gate". My Model Y used to respond to the voice command "Call the Gate by calling this number, but since a software update some time in April/May, it now responds with "This command is not available". It recognizes and calls other numbers in my contacts list. I have tried unpairing the car and rebooting both devices. I also changed "The Gate" to "The Entrance Gate" - but I get the same response from the car. Any and all suggestions to fix this issue are welcomed..... my most frequently called number and it is annoying the car does not recognize it.

IMG_5485.jpg

Our strata entry gate is triggered to open by calling a phone number. It was initially in my iPhone contacts list as "the Gate". My Model Y used to respond to the voice command "Call the Gate by calling this number, but since a software update some time in April/May, it now responds with "This command is not available". It recognizes and calls other numbers in my contacts list. I have tried unpairing the car and rebooting both devices. I also changed "The Gate" to "The Entrance Gate" - but I get the same response from the car. Any and all suggestions to fix this issue are welcomed..... my most frequently called number and it is annoying the car does not recognize it.

View attachment 688450
Try editing the contact to hav first name "Entrance" and last "Gate"

Thanks for the suggestion - I had "The Entrance" as the forename and "Gate" as surname. Got rid of "the" to rename forename to just "Entrance" but I got the very same response from car. As mentioned, this worked flawlessly as just "the" and "Gate" for the first few months, so perhaps this naming has now been reserved for pairing with a remote garage/gate opener? I will try some other (random) naming for the number like "Billy" and "Bob" and report back

OK - it did not like renaming the gate to Billy Bob - seems I have far too many "Bobs" in my contacts for it to get confused with. I renamed the number to be "Security" and "Gate" and that seems to work OK. Very strange..... but problem solved.