Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a while and decided to actually post. I’ve become much more serious about picking up a “CPO” Model S ever since I test drove one over the weekend. Needless to say the experience was amazing.

Ive has my eye on this one for a few days
Model S 90D 5YJSA1E2XGF140249 | Tesla

And I’m wondering why the price is where it is? It seems low but then again I’m not sure. I know this would fall under the 2 year warranty instead of the 4 year. Is that the big price driver?

I have to say for being such a tech company their pictures are absolute crap.

So what are your thoughts on this car?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 88CF0301-9DBC-4F0C-BD54-BD8F16222BF1.jpeg
    88CF0301-9DBC-4F0C-BD54-BD8F16222BF1.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 91
  • B643658D-9CFE-4060-A6C1-B3C72CB24532.jpeg
    B643658D-9CFE-4060-A6C1-B3C72CB24532.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 73
  • CB5BFBB1-473A-4442-8F5B-93D7749F22E8.jpeg
    CB5BFBB1-473A-4442-8F5B-93D7749F22E8.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 70
  • C6E38D2A-B61F-4667-BDEA-C93CAA35EC85.jpeg
    C6E38D2A-B61F-4667-BDEA-C93CAA35EC85.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 5E641EDE-530B-408B-A8F1-BAA3DC919E4D.jpeg
    5E641EDE-530B-408B-A8F1-BAA3DC919E4D.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 70
Welcome to the board!

Rumor has it that the pics are taken by third parties and not Tesla itself. That certainly doesn’t excuse the poor quality! That being said, the pics of that car look decent without obvious issues. I’d expect there to be some minor scratching and road rash on the rims just because that seems unavoidable to me.

The only reason I can think of for the pricing is that the mileage does seem a tad bit high for a 2016. The trouble I have is that I love driving mine so much that it’s natural to put a bunch of miles on it!

Not sure this helps much...

Hey everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a while and decided to actually post. I’ve become much more serious about picking up a “CPO” Model S ever since I test drove one over the weekend. Needless to say the experience was amazing.

Ive has my eye on this one for a few days
Model S 90D 5YJSA1E2XGF140249 | Tesla

And I’m wondering why the price is where it is? It seems low but then again I’m not sure. I know this would fall under the 2 year warranty instead of the 4 year. Is that the big price driver?

I have to say for being such a tech company their pictures are absolute crap.

So what are your thoughts on this car?

Thanks!

That's a good price for a facelift/late 2016 90D. Main downside is the mileage, which would only get you a 2 year CPO warranty but to 100k.

I recently purchased a late 2015 85D for around the same price, but with less mileage (about 19k).

I would say don't worry about the pictures being low quality. I had a small issue where I noticed some scratches that weren't apparent in the relatively low quality pictures, but Tesla was great about getting them fixed prior to delivery. So far the car is amazing. From order to delivery took about a month, so don't expect the car right away, especially if they have to fix anything.

That's a good price for a facelift/late 2016 90D. Main downside is the mileage, which would only get you a 2 year CPO warranty but to 100k.

I recently purchased a late 2015 85D for around the same price, but with less mileage (about 19k).

I would say don't worry about the pictures being low quality. I had a small issue where I noticed some scratches that weren't apparent in the relatively low quality pictures, but Tesla was great about getting them fixed prior to delivery. So far the car is amazing. From order to delivery took about a month, so don't expect the car right away, especially if they have to fix anything.

Yea the mileage was a bit of a concern because of the shorter term warranty and I have seen some people have things replaced under the warranty and the price would have really added up if they had to pay out of pocket.

I am pretty undecided over this. Also, I was kind of concerned the car has been on their site for multiple days with a decent price decrease and no one has picked it up yet.

Hmm this is a tough one lol

That looks to be a late AP1 car. That means it'll never get Navigate on Autopilot or full self driving or the new built-in dashcam.

AP1 has been more stable and capable for the last few years, but Tesla seems to be finally catching up, and it's unlikely that this (or any other AP1 car) will see much improvement in the future, unlike slightly newer AP2 cars.

That might be a reason for a lower price (but AP1 is still really useful - I use it almost every day on the freeway.)

That looks to be a late AP1 car. That means it'll never get Navigate on Autopilot or full self driving or the new built-in dashcam.

AP1 has been more stable and capable for the last few years, but Tesla seems to be finally catching up, and it's unlikely that this (or any other AP1 car) will see much improvement in the future, unlike slightly newer AP2 cars.

That might be a reason for a lower price (but AP1 is still really useful - I use it almost every day on the freeway.)

Yea I’m aware of the AP1 and AP2 differences but honestly I can’t imagine needing anything more than AP1. I like driving and driving the Model S I test drove was a great experience.

That definitely could account for the price difference.

Reactions: Saghost
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.03.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.03.15 PM.png

The main reason for the lower price for a refreshed 2016 90D is A. Mileage and 2. lack of options, ie. sound, cold wether and active suspension. I bought a pre-refreshed 2016 90D with 50250 at $51700 and it has all 3 of the options. Wanted the nose but that was always out of the price range I wanted to pay. Pick mine up on Saturday!!

Last edited: