Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is your 2024 M3 glovebox pretty small?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded my model 3 from 2018 to 2024 and noticed how much smaller the glovebox is compared to the old generation. I went to plug in my USB drive and my hand barely fits inside.

Wanted to post it out here and see if others are having the same issue. Its not a very tall glovebox (maybe less than 3 inches in height)..or maybe my glovebox door is not extending down as much as designed?

Can anyone else chime in with their glovebox?

Just upgraded my model 3 from 2018 to 2024 and noticed how much smaller the glovebox is compared to the old generation. I went to plug in my USB drive and my hand barely fits inside.

Wanted to post it out here and see if others are having the same issue. Its not a very tall glovebox (maybe less than 3 inches in height)..or maybe my glovebox door is not extending down as much as designed?

Can anyone else chime in with their glovebox?
Picked up my 2024 M3 this past Friday. I agree with you on the glovebox. Just trying to get the Tesla memory stick out was a challenge. Want to plug in a solid state drive adapter and haven’t got that done yet. I’ll get out my needle nose pliers.
Here’s another challenge. Try to find the USB connector that’s supposed to be in the very front of the center console (according to the User Guide). It’s not there! Chip shortage?

Picked up my 2024 M3 this past Friday. I agree with you on the glovebox. Just trying to get the Tesla memory stick out was a challenge. Want to plug in a solid state drive adapter and haven’t got that done yet. I’ll get out my needle nose pliers.
Here’s another challenge. Try to find the USB connector that’s supposed to be in the very front of the center console (according to the User Guide). It’s not there! Chip shortage?
yeah, thats exactly why I noticed it. My SSD drive has a very short usb A cable, but since it was flexible head, it was pretty tricky to get it plugged in.

I do recall finding a usb-c port in the center console. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it when I go to my car tonight.

so I checked my center console, and found the usb-c port in the middle of the back wall in the center console. Is that the one you're looking for?

I checked the user guide online, and while the location is correctly documented, the picture could lead to confusion because its taken from a rearward facing angle.

so I checked my center console, and found the usb-c port in the middle of the back wall in the center console. Is that the one you're looking for?

I checked the user guide online, and while the location is correctly documented, the picture could lead to confusion because its taken from a rearward facing angle.

I checked again. The only connector in that compartment is the 12v socket. I can’t see or feel any other connector.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 11
I checked again. The only connector in that compartment is the 12v socket. I can’t see or feel any other connector.
oh, you're looking in the wrong spot. The center console includes the storage under where you rest your arm. Lift up the armrest, and you'll see the usb-c port right in the middle of the back wall. Like, its pretty much back to back to the rear touchscreen. Take a look at the user guide picture again, and you'll see its a rearfacing angle, so that the usb port they are pointing to is at the BACK of the console, behind the cupholders.

Check it out, and if you can't find it, I can upload a video for you!

oh, you're looking in the wrong spot. The center console includes the storage under where you rest your arm. Lift up the armrest, and you'll see the usb-c port right in the middle of the back wall. Like, its pretty much back to back to the rear touchscreen. Take a look at the user guide picture again, and you'll see its a rearfacing angle, so that the usb port they are pointing to is at the BACK of the console, behind the cupholders.

Check it out, and if you can't find it, I can upload a video for you!
Found it - thanks.