Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with rear window when defroster on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. So it’s a feature, and if you ask to have it replaced you get non-iridescent non-matching glass? Mine does it too, it’s annoying but so far not a safety issue. I’ll definitely report it because they have to be able to come up with a solution at some point.

I find it funny the explanations some others have shared. Anyways, I have the same thing and it turns out the glass is defective and the service center has ordered a new one to replace it - now that was also 2-3 months ago and still waiting. I did check in with them a couple of weeks ago and they say it is still on back order.

If the service center is close to you - I would take it in and get it checked out and get the process going.

I find it funny the explanations some others have shared. Anyways, I have the same thing and it turns out the glass is defective and the service center has ordered a new one to replace it - now that was also 2-3 months ago and still waiting. I did check in with them a couple of weeks ago and they say it is still on back order.

If the service center is close to you - I would take it in and get it checked out and get the process going.
Let us know if you get matching glass and if it resolves the problem

I did address this with service. They tested newly manufactured 3's on their lot and stated that they all have the same 'feature' as they described it. They stated there is an open case with engineering still with no current resolution. They stated there is no more of the iridescent glass in stock so if you ask to have your glass replaced to try to resolve this issue and you had the iridescent glass that matched the roof, you will not after the replacement.

I hope you have better success with this than I did. I brought my car in, had them look at it, they ordered replacement glass, when I brought it in to get fixed I was told they gave my glass to someone else so we needed to re-book. I brought it back and a day later was told that there was no fix for this. What a waste of my time.

• Informative
Reactions: super20g