Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jacket Hanger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any aftermarket solutions? The factory refresh hangers are useless. Right now I’m laying things flat in the truck but would prefer maybe a seatback hanger. I see they made them for previous S’, anyone know if those fit the refresh? It doesn’t seem like they would

I actually asked about this on a different thread, regarding a coat hanger solution for the refreshed Model S. After doing some more research online, I learned the reason Tesla doesn’t sell an accessory for the refreshed MS is because they built in a coat hook on both sides of the rear seats. The current MS Owners Manual confirms this. Here’s a picture of what it shows online and how to use it. They don’t indicate how much weight they can hold, but I assume for blazers, jackets, and dry cleaning, it should suffice.

Hope this helps!

3EDDAE9E-553B-461B-96DC-D663DFBB6CE9.jpeg

I actually asked about this on a different thread, regarding a coat hanger solution for the refreshed Model S. After doing some more research online, I learned the reason Tesla doesn’t sell an accessory for the refreshed MS is because they built in a coat hook on both sides of the rear seats. The current MS Owners Manual confirms this. Here’s a picture of what it shows online and how to use it. They don’t indicate how much weight they can hold, but I assume for blazers, jackets, and dry cleaning, it should suffice.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 844764
Sharing this advice to CONSIDER NOT asking Tesla to replace this coat hook if the thin rubber coating breaks and it does not look so good. After almost 2 hours of removing ALL of the Trim to the back of the car and the pillar trim on each side of the rear door, they have to use a crow bar to pop out the unit (this was on the technician's laptop 'how to video') which is next to the roof glass. I think there is more risk of breaking the trim clips and having poor seams after the work, so is not worth it. Also, if you do replace any parts, physically check the parts for Left or Right, etc, I responded twice in the Service Chat that it was Driver Side, they sent Passenger Side hook and the technician had to come back the next morning. They found that the Parts List for the 2021 Model S is incorrect, listed same part number for both sides. Finally brought disassembled car to Service Center today to wait for back ordered correct part. This work should not be done by Mobile Service, too many broken clips and other issues can happen when popping off the trim. The shop has all the tools and parts to put it back together correctly. They gave me a loaner for the holiday weekend.