Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add DSP to 2023 Model 3 RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the only thing I don't like about my 2023 M3 RWD is the audio. I've read a ton about the speaker activation harnesses, and I don't think I would be satisfied with that solution. I'd like to add a DSP amp to run the existing speakers, and maybe add a couple of rear deck speakers. It seems I should be able to take the signals from the front and rear door speakers so I still have full fader/balance control. Then it should be pretty straightforward to get the signal from the DSP to the speakers, maybe by using the connectors from one of the speaker activation harnesses. I want the DSP to run all 4 doors, the tweeters, A-pillars, and rear deck. I understand more or less the difficulty of dealing with the 16v system and the lack of an accessory turn on signal.

Do I need to worry about the signal going to the dash speakers? Would I need to include those and use a summing DSP to ensure I can get as flat a signal as possible? If I ignore the dash speakers, will I lose or reduce the ability to hear the navigation and/or other car sounds? I haven't been able to figure out how these dash speakers are used.

To sum, what do I need to do to get a fairly flat 4-channel signal to a DSP without affecting any of the navigation or car sounds?